The Pathfinder Club - Members Only!

Hawk, there is a pretty continuous flow of them on the bay. Just be patient - every four spacer will have 440C blade steel. There was also a modern 105 offered by C&C in the last couple of years that was 5150 with brass hardware - somewhat tougher to find. OH
Thanks for the information brother!
Hawk, there is a pretty continuous flow of them on the bay. Just be patient - every four spacer will have 440C blade steel. There was also a modern 105 offered by C&C in the last couple of years that was 5150 with brass hardware - somewhat tougher to find. OH
which is your favorite? Thanks Hawk

The 900 series I'm thinking of, had mirror polished blades of s30v. With a checkered walnut handle, with a lanyard hole. Then a up graded sheath. Their model numbers started with a 9, then the last two numbers of the original model. i.e. 119= 919, 902, 903, 905 and one other one. I was able to purchase a 905. Couldn't get the rest. DM

Reactions: TAH
Hawkeye5 Hawkeye5 My favorite Buck 100 series knives have the 440C blade steel. Once you learn how to put a good edge on them it is very easy to maintain and goes deer after deer without needing attention. Many old 440C Buck 105’s show up used for sale. I only owned one (nope, two) of the 5160 blade steel knives, some guys think carbon steel knives are the best, but I prefer straight up stainless steel. No right or wrong to that, its just a personal preference thing. OH
Ps. Buck on their website states they think S30V is the finest blade steel available, when I go upgraded steel I buy the S30V Buck Knives - I trust their viewpoint on the steel. Full Disclosure - I’m not a steel nut or steel variation collector - if it will cut I will try it out, and I defer to the maker because I know they have more knowledge on steel than I do. However, some guys posting here (Like David Martin and others) have forgotten more about the different steels than I will ever know.

Last edited:
Pps, if you want to go Cadillac style with current availability there is the new Buck Knives Pro Series and they offer the Buck 105 in S35V steel, not sure about the details but I have read it is very similar to S30V. OH

Pps, if you want to go Cadillac style with current availability there is the new Buck Knives Pro Series and they offer the Buck 105 in S35V steel, not sure about the details but I have read it is very similar to S30V. OH
Do you have a link for the s30v Buck Pro Series? Thanks Hawk

I got it, Old Hunter Old Hunter . Here you go, Hawkeye5 Hawkeye5 . These are seriously nice kniv
I got it, Old Hunter Old Hunter . Here you go, Hawkeye5 Hawkeye5 . These are seriously nice knives.

https://www.buckknives.com/knives/hunting/

Thanks for the link TA
I got it, Old Hunter Old Hunter . Here you go, Hawkeye5 Hawkeye5 . These are seriously nice knives.

Thanks TAH I got the Pro on order . Look forward to being a Pathfinder club member!

The 900 series I'm thinking of, had mirror polished blades of s30v. With a checkered walnut handle, with a lanyard hole. Then a up graded sheath. Their model numbers started with a 9, then the last two numbers of the original model. i.e. 119= 919, 902, 903, 905 and one other one. I was able to purchase a 905. Couldn't get the rest. DM

Correction to the above information:
Not quite David, but close! Put an 8 in the place of the 9 in the above information and it makes much more sense.

Last edited:
Back