The perfect android phone !!

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

You know I think I am going to jump off the upgrade train.

The screen is perfect and better than my eyes.

The battery life is way way better than I need. I can buy a extra if I want.

I added wireless charging.

I added a 64 gig SD card 96 gigs storage is a lot for a phone.

I added a tempered glass screen protector. Can not tell its there. Perfect.

I simulated leather flip case that serves as a stand. It looks like a mini version of the cases I love for my Nexus tabs,

The phone is fast, you can not open a app faster than INSTANTLY no matter how fast your phone is.

I Love the software and this version of Touchwiz is JUST FINE.

I am done. Seriously. Here are links to the crap I bought for the phone.

Sd card
Wireless charger add on
Glass screen protector
Case

I am just at a loss as to how a phone could be better than this in a meaningful way. :good:

I've been eyeballing the note 3 pretty hard. I won't upgrade just because, I stick with what I like. I'm still running my Samsung Epic because it allows me to do everything I need. It will be 3 years this february, might as well be 300K miles in a car, that's a long time for a modern smart phone. I'm also still running the original battery. I have had two mother boards, 3 displays (not cracked screen either, entire display) and on my second charging port. All covered under my insurance plan.

The note 3 looks like the logical upgrade for me.

-X

I've owned a dozen or so smart phones over the last 4 or 5 years and finally settled (quite happily) on my Samsung Galaxy S3. I just don't feel the need to upgrade anytime soon (not to mention the next time I do, I am paying full-price!). I do find it a big sluggish at times, but everything is compared to my MacBook Pro with 16GB RAM and an SSD. The one thing I do miss about iPhones is how snappy they are compared to my Droids. And I've done some major tweaking, the Droids just aren't quite as responsive. I'd still rather have one though (and do). Actually I have two. My work phone is a Droid RAZR M. Another great phone, albeit a bit small (but ideal for me for work).

I also love my Galaxy Note 3. I upgraded from the original note. I'm on ATT,and the only thing that sucks is the bootloader is locked.

I love my nexus, fwiw. I've never had a phone this stable and fast.

Last edited:
The Note 3 is probably what I'll get when I'm up for an upgrade (or different provider) in April. This thing is a monster, both in size and specs. Samsung might not make the fanciest phones when it comes to style or premium construction, but when you put it in a case, that doesn't matter anyway. What I like about Samsung is their devotion to older devices (providing OS updates long past obsoletion), and their insistence on including microSD slots and user-replaceable batteries, where so many companies make phones with cutting edge specs but no expandable storage and internal batteries. I don't know about TouchWiz. I'll give it a shot, but I'll probably end up customizing it with my own preferences via Nova Launcher, plus rooting the phone and disabling the crap that I don't need. I like that Samsung still uses a physical "home" button with other capacitive buttons buttons, rather than relying on the on-screen buttons like most other phones.

By April, the Galaxy S5 should be out, so maybe I'll get that instead, but as of this moment, my eye is on the Note 3. I use my "phone" as a portable computer more than I do an actual phone, so the large size and screen of the Note 3 calls to me.

I had to get rid of my galaxy S3(Verizon) and went back to Motorola Razr MAXX HD due to the S3's poor cell signal(Motorola always seems to have better radios in their phones). It would drop calls when I was sitting 500yds. from a Verizon tower. I've heard lots of complaints about the S3 and signal strength issues, but I loved the phone itself. Now I'm looking for a replacement for the Razr and would love to go to the Note 3 but I'm leery about Samsung phones after the S3's issues.

Anyone have experience with the S4, and Note 3 in comparison to the Motorola phones or even the S3? Is the signal strength better?

As far as cell reception goes I think Nokia seems to have the best reception of all the models of phones.

Love my note 3... really is everything you could want or need in a phone.

I'm probably going with a Note 3 as my next phone 96GB of storage and that huge screen are just too sweet not to take advantage of. I definitely use my phone as a tablet. Having something that size is a nice in between size. And all the components have impressed me so far. a 2MP forward facing video chat camera will be very handy for me.

I'm probably going with a Note 3 as my next phone 96GB of storage and that huge screen are just too sweet not to take advantage of. I definitely use my phone as a tablet. Having something that size is a nice in between size. And all the components have impressed me so far. a 2MP forward facing video chat camera will be very handy for me.

Yes! That storage is nice.

I just upgraded to the new Motorola Moto X phone a few days ago and so far I'm loving it. It reminds me of a nexus phone which makes sense since Google bought Motorola a while back. I looked at them all and this phone just had all the features I wanted. The only thing it doesn't have that some people would want is no SD card slot but it does come with 50G of free cloud storage which works fine for me. The thing that really sealed the deal on me picking the Moto X is that it links up with Chrome browser when I'm at work and I can send and receive text messages through my computer without even taking my phone out of my pocket. I'm really loving that feature so far!

I've owned a dozen or so smart phones over the last 4 or 5 years and finally settled (quite happily) on my Samsung Galaxy S3. I just don't feel the need to upgrade anytime soon (not to mention the next time I do, I am paying full-price!). I do find it a big sluggish at times, but everything is compared to my MacBook Pro with 16GB RAM and an SSD. The one thing I do miss about iPhones is how snappy they are compared to my Droids. And I've done some major tweaking, the Droids just aren't quite as responsive. I'd still rather have one though (and do). Actually I have two. My work phone is a Droid RAZR M. Another great phone, albeit a bit small (but ideal for me for work).

You're about to realize that Droids are good and instant like iPhones. Here's what I need you to do. First, Go to Settings>Developer Options(if not available, go to Settings>About Device>Click "Build Number" 8x's you're now a developer> go back to Settings>Devloper Options>Select the following; Window Animation Scale, change from 1x to Animation off. Same goes for Transition and Animator Duration.. all to none. THAT will give you instant ;)

The note is cool but huge ..... I dumped my iphone for a droid maxx and no lookin back so far.

And hello Jimbo.

+1 for Droid MAXX. I needed the extra battery capacity due to weak cell signal issues at work. I've been running almost 48 hours of normal use and no low battery alert yet. If it weren't for that the Moto X probably would have been my choice!

John

Phones are cool, but the service fees are not. North American, and especially, Canadian, cell phone customers are getting screwed by the Big Three networks IMHO.

The Note 3 is on my list, but I love my Note 2. It is fast enough to do everything I need and after rooting, I get 2+ days on a charge with moderate use.

Back