The perfect android phone !!

I had one of the first Samsung 4G LTE phones a couple of years ago. Constant problems w/it. I now have a Motorola Razr Maxx HD and love it. No more Samsungs for me as I had it replaced 5 times and repaired once, none of which solved my problem.

So all that have the Note 3 here are you still enjoying it? I am thinking about picking one up. I need a change from iOS. I have had an iPhone for the past 3 years or so, and its getting old. Note 3 caught my eye on specs and size. Played with one a bit at Verizon and its FAST! Did anyone else come from an iPhone as well, how was the change for you?

So all that have the Note 3 here are you still enjoying it? I am thinking about picking one up. I need a change from iOS. I have had an iPhone for the past 3 years or so, and its getting old. Note 3 caught my eye on specs and size. Played with one a bit at Verizon and its FAST! Did anyone else come from an iPhone as well, how was the change for you?

Still loving mine. No experience with iPhone.. Sorry

You can buy the best phone ever made, but in 6 months they'll make a better one. It's just the nature of the industry. A good knife, on the other hand, will still be a good knife in 20 years. My cell contract is up in a few months, I'll research then to see what the best phone around is.

Moto X price is supposed to be lowered to $399 no contract. Moto G is supposed to be even cheaper but Moto X is a better phone. Moto G has no LTE.

John

Moto X price is supposed to be lowered to $399 no contract. Moto G is supposed to be even cheaper but Moto X is a better phone. Moto G has no LTE.

John

At $399 off contract, the Moto X is still way overpriced, considering you can get the Nexus 5 for less, which smears the Moto X in pretty much every category.

Depending on the provider, you can find the Moto G for as little as $99 off-contract. No LTE, but still HSDPA+ at 21MB/sec, which is faster than most people's home internet, so who cares? Easily the best cheap off-contract phone out there.

I like the Moto X, but I don't think it has a user-replaceable battery. That's fine if you get new phones regularly, but I like to keep them for a few years and that often entails a battery replacement. Plus, there are times when you may want to stick in a fresh battery, and you can't do it on the Moto X. But that sucker sure feels good in the hand, and it has a solid feel that is sorely lacking on the Samsungs. I have the S2, and may swing for the S5 that is coming out in Q1 or Q2 of this year. It is rumored to have a metal body.

What a contrast to my first cell phone I got in maybe 1993 (?), which was one of those fat Motorola flip phones with an antenna you had to pull out manually. But it was still way cool compared to have no cell phone at all.

At $399 off contract, the Moto X is still way overpriced, considering you can get the Nexus 5 for less, which smears the Moto X in pretty much every category.

Depending on the provider, you can find the Moto G for as little as $99 off-contract. No LTE, but still HSDPA+ at 21MB/sec, which is faster than most people's home internet, so who cares? Easily the best cheap off-contract phone out there.

I love the Moto X. It's one of those phones that is greater than the sum of its parts.

I broke my Son's Samsung G S4 by simply falling off my lap.It was even in a case. The screen cracked slightly and it worked a few more months until an internal connection in the charging port failed and couldn't be repaired. Total use was 5 months. I was pretty disappointed with the durability of the Samsung. Sooo,being as I let it slip of my lap his Iphone 5s was on me,including a life proof case.:eek: I'm an analog Neanderthal Man but one device that's really impressed me lately is the Ipad Air my Son bought. The battery life and sound on that little thing is truly amazing. :cool::thumbup:

I can't seem to move away from my Motorola Droid 4, but I have been eyeing the Galaxy S4 or the new Note. The Droid 4 has lasted me longer than almost any other phone I have ever owned and still operates without problems.

Yea, I was all for Nexus 5 but Verizon didn't get on board with it. ATT doesn't have reliable coverage where I work so that wouldn't work for me. Moto G is supposed to be available on Verizon from what I read...if so, I would pick one up for $99 just to try it out on weekends. My Droid MAXX can get bulky at times but I love being able to get up to 3 days of use out of it sometimes. Be nice to have a slightly smaller alternative on hand when I don't want the bulk.

John

I would also be wary of any phone that doesn't have a replaceable battery. I've had batteries die, and aftermarket batteries are cheap, and can be had with larger capacity, if you can install one.

I've been wanting to upgrade for over a year. This thread has got me convinced to go ahead and put in my order for the note 3 tonight. thanks!

The note 3 is a beast in both specs and size.
I use to think these large display phones were ridiculous and laughed at the thought of owning one. But after comparing the note 3 and the iphone 5s I just couldn't bring myself to go with the smaller screen. So I went with the note 3. And to be honest, after a few days you get use to the size of the phone quite easily.
I came from iphone and there's no way I would go back at this point. There's a bit of a learning curve do to the different OS, but after a good weekend with the phone you'll be good to go and loving it.

I'm looking at getting a high end /high spec phone for the first time to see what the fuss is all about and the Sony Xperia Z1 is at the top of my list right now... there is also a compact version out so you can choose between a bigger screen or a handier size.

Just got the Galaxy SIII and am in love with it. I looked at the Note but for me it seemed like carrying a tablet on my hip, definitely not going in the pocket. I did not think it could fit my hands any better and then I added an Urban Assault Gear case. I am also an avid list maker and not take so the Keep app is making my OCD so damn happy. For Xmas we also got my 11 year old who is Autistic the Samsung Tab 3 and the continuity of the Android products works for us.- George

Back