The Perfect Paramilitary 2 for you.

What would be the best configuration of the Para 2 for your needs,i.e. blade steel,coated/uncoated, and handle material/color. My choice would be a dura tech 20cv blade, coated blade, and blue/black g-10 scales. So, post yours perfect combo.

Full titanium compression lock, stonewashed CPM-M4 or M390.

Titanium and carbon fiber scales, compression lock and M390. (stonewashed sounds tempting...)

Full Ti, Deep carry clip like on the PPT or sage series. CPM-S90v or 110v Steel.

I already put it together. :cool: 20CP steel with burgundy micarta scales. This is pretty close to my ideal EDC and its in my pocket or briefcase every day.

TedP

P7155684-sm.jpg

Blade: CPM-S110V or CPM-10V (maybe one of each) Stone wash
Handle: Titanium Frame Compression Lock with steel insert, LS Carbon fiber with texture on the other side
Clip: Deep Carry Titanium clip

Are you guys who advocate titanium doing so for aesthetic reasons or functional reasons? While I don't share the aesthetic attraction to titanium, I do understand it. Spy planes have been made from it, and its sorta cool. Hey dude, your titanium knife is far out! But functionally, its heavier, slicker and more expensive than G10 scales - none of which are positive attributes.

I couldn't really improve on the current Para 2, except perhaps to reduce the scale size to Para 1 length which gives me a tighter, more secure grip and takes up a little less space in the pocket.

Ghost jade G10 with vanax( which I guess was vanax 35 no more 75) would be sweet. I think m390 or an equivalent would be right behind it( due to already having that sprint). I will eventually get some if they don't make one. I also think a dlc version would be sweet looking even though I don't like coated blades much.

I have no complaints about this one and I don't think I would change anthing about it even if I could. Not that I won't try to buy other versions too though.

DSC_6682b.jpg

This one is perfection for me... M390 goodness wrapped with a Cuscadi sandblasted vintage brown micarta scales with a blue glow backspacer and an STR deep carry titanium pocket clip.

1844b85e.jpg

6571fe08.jpg

Last edited:
Are you guys who advocate titanium doing so for aesthetic reasons or functional reasons? While I don't share the aesthetic attraction to titanium, I do understand it. Spy planes have been made from it, and its sorta cool. Hey dude, your titanium knife is far out! But functionally, its heavier, slicker and more expensive than G10 scales - none of which are positive attributes.

I couldn't really improve on the current Para 2, except perhaps to reduce the scale size to Para 1 length which gives me a tighter, more secure grip and takes up a little less space in the pocket.

I like titanium for the aesthetic reason. I feel it would also improve (possibly solve) the problem with blade play. A press fit pivot on the ti side would keep things tighter, longer. I feel the G10, albeit rugged, lends itself to screw seat degradation. I may be off on this one...but my pm2 is starting to develop ever so slight blade play from the wear on the g10 holes. I can tighten it out, but eventually a bigger screw/more surface area will need to be employed to eliminate it. I'm open to suggestions/comments on that theory.

CPM-S110V. Corrosion resistance is my primary interest.

or

SM-100. Man... that would be the coolest thing ever. :D

The one I carry everyday now, Carbon fiber and S90V blade steel. Perfection all around

Back