Swamp Rat and SYKCO Chat

I see what you mean. Having said that, do you think you'll get a new bottle and tackle your Infi Ratweiler when you get your hands on her?

Probably not for a little while... prefer to wear some of the coating off before stripping, but it all depends on how stars align ;)

I have question, with my new infiweiler, will I be able to put up 2 cords of wood in an afternoon or just the same ol 1 1/2?

Team Rat - there's a SWEET 3/16 Black/Sage Ratweiler at a sweet price down there for sale.
Get you some!

Well, might liven up a bit soon, INFI Ratweiler dings are happening...
Paid for mine yesterday

Not great pic, but here it is :eek: :D :thumbsup:

24n4tp5.jpg

In lieu of the recent Gaaaanza, I scored this Rucki off the Exchange. Been eyeing one for ages and finally took the plunge.

Loving this color combo, not something I would have thought of on my own. I almost always go for micarta because I'm cheap lol. The price was right on this one though and the tan & black g10 scales are epic.

Not sure how much longer Tanker Gray will be around since it's no longer an option on the new Busse models.

In
Not great pic, but here it is :eek: :D :thumbsup:

24n4tp5.jpg

In lieu of the recent Gaaaanza, I scored this Rucki off the Exchange. Been eyeing one for ages and finally took the plunge.

Loving this color combo, not something I would have thought of on my own. I almost always go for micarta because I'm cheap lol. The price was right on this one though and the tan & black g10 scales are epic.

Not sure how much longer Tanker Gray will be around since it's no longer an option on the new Busse models.
Inky - are you gonna cut a bunch of crap up with that baby or stick her in the safe?

Last edited:
Uncle Timbo Uncle Timbo

-Generally, anything I keep will be a user. While I like the looks and design of this blade a lot overall, my concerns are that it's maybe a bit heavier than I imagined, and that at ~0.05", it's quite thick behind the edge for my uses. I want to be fairly sure that it's a keeper before I reprofile the edge and/or thin out the primary since that will most likely torpedo the resale value in what's already a buyer's market.

I do ultimately want to have something like this in my collection, so the question is whether this is it or if I should keep it new and look for a custom that I won't have to dial in to my preferences myself.

Uncle Timbo Uncle Timbo

-Generally, anything I keep will be a user. While I like the looks and design of this blade a lot overall, my concerns are that it's maybe a bit heavier than I imagined, and that at ~0.05", it's quite thick behind the edge for my uses. I want to be fairly sure that it's a keeper before I reprofile the edge and/or thin out the primary since that will most likely torpedo the resale value in what's already a buyer's market.

I do ultimately want to have something like this in my collection, so the question is whether this is it or if I should keep it new and look for a custom that I won't have to dial in to my preferences myself.
Inky - I see your point, that's an great evaluation. I'm sure myself and many others here will be interested to see what your outcome is.
It reminds me of a Samurai.

Inky - I see your point, that's an great evaluation. I'm sure myself and many others here will be interested to see what your outcome is.
It reminds me of a Samurai.

For sure, I'll update here or start a thread if/when I have a field report on it.

In the meantime, here's the Rucki being totally dwarfed by my full-sized Cheness katana... You might be able to see why I wanted something a little smaller for bushwhacking and general swordy fun. :D

auha55.jpg

Back