1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Perfect Swamp Rat Knife

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Uncle Timbo, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    As well as you like the Ratweiler you might consider a Rat Mastiff. Exact same handle. Also, don't overlook the NMSFNO from Busse. I believe it's an 8" blade. Great knife.

[​IMG]

Uncle Timbo and bikerector like this.
  2. Uncle Timbo

Uncle Timbo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2005
    Ever see a grown man drool? ;)

Hard Knocks likes this.
  3. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    I think that by design this place is meant to be where the grown men drool...

Hard Knocks and Uncle Timbo like this.
  4. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Holy smokes somebody grab that satin Crash Axe that just hit the EX. Just bought a Regulator, must....resist....

5. Uncle Timbo

Nov 23, 2005
    Dave - that thang is Bad to the Bone. I sicced @bikerector on it.

Hard Knocks likes this.
  6. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    That one popped up afterwards. There's a crash rat and rattle hawk listed. I kind of wish busse would go a little less combat edition a hawk. I try not to do spikes for fear of hurting myself. The really long edge though... nice.

There may or may not be a busse of a bushwacker variety I'm looking into in the same area of the forum. It's an interesting night in that area of the exchange. A very well priced RMD slipped through too.

Hard Knocks and Uncle Timbo like this.
  7. Uncle Timbo

Nov 23, 2005
    Yep - are you referring to that RMD LE?

8. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    It was in the same thread that the crash rat was in. Barely a Benjamin. There's also a battle rat in there.

The exchange is flooded with deals right now.

9. Uncle Timbo

Nov 23, 2005
    Buy low/sell for a slight profit. I think some guys might be trying to generate some Christmas funding to buy presents.

bikerector likes this.
  10. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    I tend to agree. I ordered a loggerhead shrike from RMJ last run that is :thumbsup: :thumbsup: On the other hand, I've had a kill devil and a rattlehawk but not a crash rat. I don't ever recall having seen one in satin either. If it had a sheath I wouldn't be able to resist.

bikerector likes this.
  11. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I'm not familiar enough with what these things usually go for to try and turn a little profit on them. I have thought that would be interesting but my "discretionary investing" usually goes elsewhere lately.

Uncle Timbo likes this.