The Preacher: Custom Benchmade 710 (M390)

The Preacher

Gold Member
Just finished one of my personal knives. This is my favorite thus far. It is the well known and loved Benchmade 710 in M390. I made 5 color multi-cam scales for it, converted it to pillar construction and put a Rift pocket clip on it. Let me know what you think.

photo-91.jpg

photo-92-1.jpg

Love it. I was just thinking about trying my hand at making my own cotton/canvas/paper g10, and then customize some of my knives (likely starting with my BM710D2). It sounds easy enough... in theory.

Go for it! The tricky part on the 710 is the relief section you will need to cut out on the underside of the scale for the axis lock to move freely. I hand draw the outline on the scale and use a carbide dremel bit in my drill press and follow the pattern at the depth I need. Email me and I'll help you the best I can. Keep in mind with the canvas/linen/paper micarta that you have to grind it at lower speeds with fresh sanding disks or you will burn it. Have fun!

Bee-uuu-tiful. If I ever need custom scales - which I'm contemplating for my beloved mini-Barrage 585, I'm coming to you.

Back