The REK daily discussion thread :)

Richard338 Richard338 I’m carrying mine today, configured for pocket carry. Thought you might want to see. You can fudge with the clip placement to accommodate the cut of your particular pocket and keep the handle tucked discreetly inside. Then, it’s just an instinctive no-look grab and pull out to have your blade at the ready. This one is thin, and incredibly comfortable to carry. Pretty much disappears in pocket :) Excuse my shredded pocket work pants..
2BE59EA1-825A-4BB2-9AA6-266D80951112.jpeg 654D53CA-F0AB-4A56-9F2B-15A60B8D5537.jpeg 647BEB27-A35D-460E-836A-7C04F0505B8E.jpeg

Without changing the clip position, it transitions well for me from pocket carry to strong side IWB, staying secure, very close to body, and almost completely unnoticeable. Have a great 4th of July weekend!
EDC08859-FED7-41B2-85CF-4C0DC3D0137F.jpeg EF0B6766-B497-42C7-B404-169F35CF7C11.jpeg

This looks like a perfect fixed blade for routine carry. Thanks again, I ordered some of the hardware you suggested and should have everything I need once everything arrives.

Richard338 Richard338 I’m carrying mine today, configured for pocket carry. Thought you might want to see. You can fudge with the clip placement to accommodate the cut of your particular pocket and keep the handle tucked discreetly inside. Then, it’s just an instinctive no-look grab and pull out to have your blade at the ready. This one is thin, and incredibly comfortable to carry. Pretty much disappears in pocket :) Excuse my shredded pocket work pants..
View attachment 1370914 View attachment 1370913 View attachment 1370915

Without changing the clip position, it transitions well for me from pocket carry to strong side IWB, staying secure, very close to body, and almost completely unnoticeable. Have a great 4th of July weekend!
View attachment 1370916 View attachment 1370917
Thanks for sharing! Man for that pocket carry I'd be afraid of cutting my pocket or leg during withdrawal or putting it back in the sheath lol

View attachment 1370914 View attachment 1370913 View attachment 1370915

View attachment 1370916 View attachment 1370917

Hey! How bout a NSFW warning next time?! Lol Trust a man with shredded right front pockets for knaf advice.

Nice looking blades Josh and all. :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing! Man for that pocket carry I'd be afraid of cutting my pocket or leg during withdrawal or putting it back in the sheath lol
I’m actually loving how comfortably and conveniently this one pocket carries. Think I’m going to run it like this for awhile. No worries about clearing the pocket (or your leg), as the draw pulls the sheath up and back a little to safely clear the pocket before the blade breaks free, while the underhook on the clip locks the kydex in place, so it retains its place against the pocket perfectly :)
3970282A-3A99-46B8-A80B-6C021930ED67.jpeg
Here’s a look. It might seem like the hook has moved up against my pocket, but that’s just the top of my raggedy pocket wrinkling down in the loop while the underhook (the actual point of attachment) is grabbing below.

I’m actually loving how comfortably and conveniently this one pocket carries. Think I’m going to run it like this for awhile. No worries about clearing the pocket (or your leg), as the draw pulls the sheath up and back a little to safely clear the pocket before the blade breaks free, while the underhook on the clip locks the kydex in place, so it retains its place against the pocket perfectly :)
View attachment 1370947
Here’s a look. It might seem like the hook has moved up against my pocket, but that’s just the top of my raggedy pocket wrinkling down in the loop while the underhook (the actual point of attachment) is grabbing below.

Oh sweet! I'll have to try that!

Another video - more to come

View attachment 1370947
Seth that looks like a great way to carry the little blade from Josh, that’s the handle I hope to score in his next batch.

Well... I got my DCC clip in today, I ordered the 2.1 like an idiot and didn't check dimensions lol

I like the clips with the horizontal slots because it allows tilting, but dcc clips are spaced .6" center to center instead of .5". So yeah, if you get one get one like Fullflat that has the two milled vertical slots, probably the 4.0 series as that will accommodate a wider belt too

i-3cDJ4Qp-X3.jpg
i-Z9W8WxB-X3.jpg

On the plus side I found a comfortable, readily accessible way to carry it!

i-BjmxQhs-X3.jpg

Last edited:
Well... I got my DCC clip in today, I ordered the 2.1 like an idiot and didn't check dimensions lol

I like the clips with the horizontal slots because it allows tilting, but dcc clips are spaced .6" center to center instead of .5". So yeah, if you get one get one like Fullflat that has the two milled vertical slots, probably the 4.0 series as that will accommodate a wider belt too

i-3cDJ4Qp-X3.jpg
i-Z9W8WxB-X3.jpg

On the plus side I found a comfortable, readily accessible way to carry it!

i-BjmxQhs-X3.jpg
Looks like you’ve found another handy carry method. Very slick!
The clips I’m running are the ‘mod 4 Universal Height 1.5”’
The 1.5” is the belt size. There’s also a 1.75” to accommodate wider belts. I pilfered the chart from their website for comparison’s sake
7D09C9DF-AA04-462A-B1EF-EA4C9D620A8C.jpeg

Looks like you’ve found another handy carry method. Very slick!
The clips I’m running are the ‘mod 4 Universal Height 1.5”’
The 1.5” is the belt size. There’s also a 1.75” to accommodate wider belts. I pilfered the chart from their website for comparison’s sake
View attachment 1372952
Yeah I should have ordered that one... Maybe I'll set up the future sheaths with .6" center to center... I really like these DCC clips they are amazingly sturdy.

Yeah I should have ordered that one... Maybe I'll set up the future sheaths with .6" center to center... I really like these DCC clips they are amazingly sturdy.
They sure are a well designed & made little piece of kit, and quite low drag. I was stuck sitting in on compliance meetings most of the day, but the Ember still pocket carried nicely for me in an office setting too. Love the size of this knife for edc
11F073AB-CAEE-4132-8E82-6A19607F50FC.jpeg
I promise, this is the last of the boring ‘pocket pics’ I’ll post. Here’s one I already posted in the edc thread in GKD again, just so it’s not all clips
F77BE703-15DF-4A10-91D3-47D2898347CF.jpeg

well... doesn't look like I can get Vanax this go around :( their mill over seas did a routine summer shut down for a bit and the sales guy can't even verify thickness for me. I'll continue to work on it for the next batch but for this one I'm looking at doing M390 again w/ about half in CPM Cruwear. I'm also going for a batch of 50 w/ different scale options. Here's what I'm considering scale material wise:
  • Black Canvas micarta
  • OD green canvas micarta
  • OD Green coarse peel ply G10
  • Orange peel ply G10
  • Black peel ply G10
  • Coconut fiber micarta
I was gonna do groups of 10 on these color options - which one should I drop?

What do you guys think?

Here's some pics again for reference:

i-qpvHjd8-X2.jpg

and coconut fiber

i-RDSVNzb-X2.jpg

Back