The REK daily discussion thread :)

Just my own ill informed opinion, and I know it’s a fav for some, but I’d 86 one of the black options, probably the G10. That coconut fiber micarta has to stay!
Sounds like a prime menu of alloys for now anyhow. That M390 from the first run is excellent stuff, and the Cruwear you ran for the Quarantine is outstanding :)

Just my own ill informed opinion, and I know it’s a fav for some, but I’d 86 one of the black options, probably the G10. That coconut fiber micarta has to stay!
Sounds like a prime menu of alloys for now anyhow. That M390 from the first run is excellent stuff, and the Cruwear you ran for the Quarantine is outstanding :)
Hey, this might be a good idea. Then my black G10 will be a collector's item...

Im not particularly loving the bright green, although the bright green and orange are awesome to find in the bush if you drop it...that being said, Id drop the black g10.

What do I know tho....love me my Coconut scaled blades!! :thumbsup:

You could probably sell plenty of spare scale sets too if you’re not already. Then folks could have a bright set for hunting season, or a set of whatever just to change it up. Probably easier to manage that at the time of order. Just a thought.

What’s the likely next fixed blade on the drawing board after the folder?

You could probably sell plenty of spare scale sets too if you’re not already. Then folks could have a bright set for hunting season, or a set of whatever just to change it up. Probably easier to manage that at the time of order. Just a thought.

What’s the likely next fixed blade on the drawing board after the folder?
Excellent idea!!

I'm not sure, haven't thought that far ahead. I'd like to do another batch of Quarantines though

My 10 front flippers should be done at the machine shop soon and I can begin finishing those out (and kuros are ready and waiting on me!)

I have a couple of knives in M390 (Spyderco and Hinderers) and it holds an edge pretty well and isn't too hard to touch up (plus it is stainless).
My experience with Cruwear is limited to a Para 3 and I love it. It gets REALLY sharp easily, holds its edge just about forever and is a snap to bring back to razor sharp.

I have a couple of knives in M390 (Spyderco and Hinderers) and it holds an edge pretty well and isn't too hard to touch up (plus it is stainless).
My experience with Cruwear is limited to a Para 3 and I love it. It gets REALLY sharp easily, holds its edge just about forever and is a snap to bring back to razor sharp.
They are both really balanced... From testing @Larrin has done

i-wr9rMGF.jpg
i-m5TGNgk.jpg

i-mpSD5CQ.jpg

Big thanks to @ErocSD for sending his XM18 skinny scale so I could take some measurements to knock out the CAD required for doing a small run of full Ti scales for the Skinny 3.5". Gonna do a smooth version and textured version (diff. texture from hinderer's). Still will be a while but I got the project at least started :)

@Mako109 @JJ_Colt45

i-3p3XM59.png

Back