The REK daily discussion thread :)

Yep still sharpening! Only work I'm currently taking on is sharpening and DLC orders.
I found this thread because I was wondering the same as mb, however, I saw another of your posts that said you don’t do mirror edges? Did I read that correctly? Are you not doing them anymore because you’re focusing more on making knives?

I’ve got a a few knives I’d like to have pretty mirror edges on. I’ll probably send them your way even if you don’t do the mirrors - I’m just confused by your comment in that thread. Thanks in advance for your response.

I found this thread because I was wondering the same as mb, however, I saw another of your posts that said you don’t do mirror edges? Did I read that correctly? Are you not doing them anymore because you’re focusing more on making knives?

I’ve got a a few knives I’d like to have pretty mirror edges on. I’ll probably send them your way even if you don’t do the mirrors - I’m just confused by your comment in that thread. Thanks in advance for your response.
Hey Ben,

As far as I know, Josh is not accepting knives for mirror edges at this point. I’m sure he will chime in sooner than later. :)

Yeah sorry, not doing mirrored edges... Only basic sharpening. But yeah I'm happy to help out in that aspect!

Been staying busy! Here's some recent work

Ground in some serrations
i-32HsZzr-L.jpg

i-PfS9xSf-L.jpg

i-pc4BgGw-L.jpg

i-9PKX9Sf-L.jpg

And some recent DLC work

i-zMfRsJL-L.jpg
i-Q4TPkdJ-L.jpg

i-HTFdbSj-L.jpg
i-N65hBzW-L.jpg

i-kpWqdvj-L.jpg
i-sDLHkSN-L.jpg

Roughed in the handle with the guard on!

i-cdHNqph-X2.jpg

Then sanded up through 800 grit on my grinder

i-Ghw6tKS-X2.jpg

Hand sanded through to 1200 grit (leaving with a matte finish for a soft feel) - I also ended doing a handle mod later that you will soon see 😉

i-dBrg6Xr-X2.jpg

Also removed the guard and gave the top a hammered texture with satin sides and chamfers

i-qbpwzB7-X2.jpg

The zirc turned out beautiful, here it is reattached and blackened

i-KNSsSmD-X2.jpg

i-7KMp7LK-X2.jpg

And finally, paying attention to the small details 😁😅

i-vpdmN5q-X2.jpg

Holy smokes, Josh! That turned out just fabulous!!
I love all the small finishing touches. Just beautiful.

Back