The Remington thread

silenthunterstudios

Slipjoint Addict
Platinum Member
I didn't see any threads devoted exclusively to Remington knives. Peregrin and Knarfeng, if I am wrong, I apologize.

I only have a few specimens of the original Remingtons. Two barlows, one congress, one scout knife and one serpentine jack. All are finely crafted knives. I did see a few Remington boys knives, if these were the low end knives of the era, then wow, I am floored! Should've picked them up, but I still can't see tossing a $200 knife in my pocket for carry. I like to clean them up and carry them. Anyway, I have decided to purge my collection and focus on a few customs and the Case Bose annual collaborations, and any Remingtons I can salvage, from the 1920s to 1930s. Actually, any old knives I can save and clean up. I've seen quite a few nice pieces, but you can't beat those old Remingtons. Case even decided to reissue the old R1303/R1306 pattern as the new Bose collaboration. I want to see pics of your Remington knives. Folding and fixed, 1930s and 1980s era, or thereabouts. Oval stamp or long Remington stamp. Let's see them all. My favorite knife brand.

14406070365_992007cf5c_b.jpg

11442515536_d4d6818f01_b.jpg

I'm not 100% sure but I believe this is a Remington. Any stampings are long gone. It measures 3 3/4" closed.

As I understand it, unless the knife was made before 1940 when PAL bought all of Remington's knife tooling, every Remington knife was made by another manufacturer. I understand many post 1940 "Remingtons" are highly collectable but just wanted to point out the they are Remingtons simply by contract.

Last edited:
As I understand it, unless the knife was made before 1940 when PAL bought all of Remington's knife tooling, every Remington knife was made by another manufacturer. I understand many post 1940 "Remingtons" are highly collectable but just wanted to point out the they are Remingtons simply by contract.

The current issue of Knife Magazine has an article about the Cammillus Remingtons. It's an interesting read. The Cammilus ones had a big price bubble that severely deflated over the years with prices back to original MSRP (or less) for all but a few knives. At a local gun show, one guy has been sitting on 6 boxes of the 1992 issue Remingtons and now has them priced at $50.

Right now they are made by Bear IIRC.

Nice idea for a Thread, and guys...some beautiful old knives being shown!
The older worn Rem's still are a beautiful knife to look at-and must be all the better in your pocket I imagine - so good on you guys.
I have never sorted after them - as much as I want them badly, as my budget only allows a certain amount - so therefore stopping me going for just about every other knife I see!

Jamie - Ive said it before and I will say it again, That remington Pearl has the sexiest Sabre Grind blade I have ever seen - what a stunning Whittler!

TR- as per usual STUNNING KNIVES! Thr R4593 is beautiful - but the fixed blade trio really gets my blood boiling 👍

Mike. That's a simply lovely knife. Well done my friend.

Tongueriver...have to agree with the folks above on the very nice fixed blade trio. Those blood grooves look so fine...what model numbers are those and year? thanks

Tongueriver...have to agree with the folks above on the very nice fixed blade trio. Those blood grooves look so fine...what model numbers are those and year? thanks
Looks to me to be an RH 34, an RH 35, and an RH 38 from the '30s. Very collectable. The 38 is fairly uncommon and commands a pretty high price among collectors.

Back