The return to SNARKdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for your loss gmoney; that was a nice little eulogy. Great pic of him though...

25494163113_8d9a770c95_z.jpg

I am so sorry for the both of you. My deepest condolences, Gus.

Smoke and Prayers Gus! If you need anything just give me a call!

Sorry to hear about Oz, Gus. It's always tough to lose such a good friend.

Stained the tabletops with a dark walnut stain... Painted the trim in a dark brown...

What do i do to the floor? Deck paint? Garage floor paint ? I want it to be durable and handle spills half decent.

Suggestions? It's just bare plywood right now...
26195629456_5e10c66397_c.jpg

Stained the tabletops with a dark walnut stain... Painted the trim in a dark brown...

What do i do to the floor? Deck paint? Garage floor paint ? I want it to be durable and handle spills half decent.

So jealous of your man cave/shop right now.
As to your question - it depends. Some sort of two part epoxy paint would probably be your best bet for durability.....but it's costly. Some gym floor polyurethane (like Waterlox) would work well and be pretty durable, as well as being less costly and more clear. you can always put some sugar in it to give it some grip. You could also just do something like a Cabot oil stain....there are probably a million different ways to do it, I guess. Decide what you want to spend and go with the method that fits the budget. Poly is durable and relatively cheap.....

So jealous of your man cave/shop right now.
As to your question - it depends. Some sort of two part epoxy paint would probably be your best bet for durability.....but it's costly. Some gym floor polyurethane (like Waterlox) would work well and be pretty durable, as well as being less costly and more clear. you can always put some sugar in it to give it some grip. You could also just do something like a Cabot oil stain....there are probably a million different ways to do it, I guess. Decide what you want to spend and go with the method that fits the budget. Poly is durable and relatively cheap.....

Thanks bud. I do more hangin out in it then anything but the tools make the wife think im working anyways HAHA :D

I only have to do around 160 square feet. Im not doing the area under the tables. If the 2 part epoxy is best and under a couple hundred bucks id go that route for sure. I want it to last. But if that runs like 500+.... id have to go cheaper for sure.

Also set this up... Not fancy but convenient!! It's never in the way. Regulation distance is at the fridge where the beer is... Coincidence? :)

26129267252_8998eb7d4c_c.jpg

26155580901_91a64ec73d_c.jpg

Gus: sorry about Oz, great dog.

once you get that crap out of there, you'll have lots of space :D

Thanks bud. I do more hangin out in it then anything but the tools make the wife think im working anyways HAHA :D

I only have to do around 160 square feet. Im not doing the area under the tables. If the 2 part epoxy is best and under a couple hundred bucks id go that route for sure. I want it to last. But if that runs like 500+.... id have to go cheaper for sure.

Also set this up... Not fancy but convenient!! It's never in the way. Regulation distance is at the fridge where the beer is... Coincidence? :)

26129267252_8998eb7d4c_c.jpg

26155580901_91a64ec73d_c.jpg

OK, now you're just making me depressed. Well, not making me, I guess....but now I'm depressed. My shop is in the basement and the girls have just gone to bed so no noise-making tonight. And the garage shop is heated to about 40°F fight now.....don't think I'll be hanging there tonight. You are very fortunate to have a separate building for your space. *sigh*

My heartfelt condolences, Gus & Triggs. Oz will be missed widely.

Sorry Gus...lots of folks will be missing Oz. I know he made an impression on my ladies in only a short time. Smoke and prayers for y'all up there.

Dang WW!!
Nice....
Thanks brother!
once you get that crap out of there, you'll have lots of space :D
I know it, tools just collecting dust and crap :D
OK, now you're just making me depressed. Well, not making me, I guess....but now I'm depressed. My shop is in the basement and the girls have just gone to bed so no noise-making tonight. And the garage shop is heated to about 40°F fight now.....don't think I'll be hanging there tonight. You are very fortunate to have a separate building for your space. *sigh*

Im sorry bud!! I know what thats like. I use to hate that basement of mine in philly as well. Had to try and do "loud" work only while the kids were at school and do quiet work at night... Then still couldnt ever do too much because they'd hear/see/smell something....

I feel very fortunate indeed brother, thank you!! I tell people all the time im the richest poor person they might ever meet. Aint got much, 20 year old doublewide in the woods on a couple acres. Hell I cant remember the last time i had an extra 500 bucks in ANY account... But as far as im concerned i got all i need ( except maybe a boat :D ) and im damn happy with what i got!!

WW, you could also lay down matting of some sort. Rubber, or maybe those HF anti-fatigue mats. I've got a room in my house done in that for exercise, and it cleans up fairly well with a shop vac.

NICE WW!!! Since I moved I no longer have a garage to tinker around in. I'm stuck using my laundry room, which totally blows because its crowded. I do have a shed, but it has no power and a motorcycle is parked in it.

Sorry about Your pup Gus, I hope you and Trigg are doing ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back