The return to SNARKdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man. Dan Keffler is selling a Super Assasin 2.0 in the knife makers forums. I wish I had 3500 bucks laying around that I could spare. That thing is glorious.

Oh Worldwood, he's selling your sword lol.

Ya, if I could I would right now as well. That's an awesome piece!

WW, you could also lay down matting of some sort. Rubber, or maybe those HF anti-fatigue mats. I've got a room in my house done in that for exercise, and it cleans up fairly well with a shop vac.

That was my first idea actually. Rubber mats or outdoor carpet... Had an extra rubber truck bed mat down for a bit before i sold it. But it got dirt and crap stuck under it very easily.... I'd have to clean it Then move it and clean under it.

Carpet would be ok until i spilled paint, stain, oil...

NICE WW!!! Since I moved I no longer have a garage to tinker around in. I'm stuck using my laundry room, which totally blows because its crowded. I do have a shed, but it has no power and a motorcycle is parked in it.

Id be running an extension cord to the shed and moving the bike to the laundry room lmao

Before we ran power to mine that's what i was doing! Enough juice to run a radio, fridge, and light... And you got a party shed lol

That dart board is genious WW!

Just throw down some cheap ass linoleum. Really, you can get laminate on closeout too super cheap. Or check Craigslist "free" section for leftovers.

The negative about using the rubber mats is that if you use liquid substances that will detreriorate rubber, such as solvents like acetone, any spill will start eating chunks of your mats. I could do a "show and tell" if I hadn't already thrown the mats in question away several years ago.

Thoughts and prayers to you and Triggs Gus. I know I've never met either of you and I never got the pleasure of meeting that beautiful big fella but my heart goes out to you. Remember the good times brother. Sounds like there would've been quite a few..

[video=youtube;xujIDia0oug]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xujIDia0oug&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Oz was an incredible dog that transformed our lives.

In the city, he was the consummate ambassador for his breed. Always good natured and easy going, he would regularly draw crowds when we sat with him at restaurant patios or bars. I was always amazed at how he had a penchant for drawing in beautiful young women and often thought he would make a perfect wingman if I were not already happily married. A friend of mine once saw him working his magic with the ladies while we were having beers at a patio and called him a "pussy magnet." While I'm sure Oz's motives were nobler, it was amazing to see him so easily connecting with the women, men and dogs that were walking by. He loved everyone.

At the crag, he would willingly carry in extra litres of water and gear and keep me company while I built routes and trails at The Swamp. As these were the early days of development and there was no one else in the area, I felt better knowing that he would be by my side if something ever went wrong. Yes, he could not use a cell phone to call for assistance or drive a stick-shift to get help, but you could always count on him to keep you warm when the temps dropped. I know this because we went up there very early one season thinking that we were going to have the similarly mild conditions we were experiencing in Toronto. We were wrong. There was a still about a foot of snow and the temps were plunging below freezing during the evening. Unfortunately, we were not only underdressed but also underprepared. We had only brought thin foam sleeping pads, under-gunned sleeping bags and a tarp for protection from the elements. That night, the wind whistled past us and more snow accumulated on the ground as we huddled in a rock outcrop. And while I won't argue against the heat-trapping qualities of high-quality down and modern synthetic sleeping bags, if I were forced to choose, I would always pick Oz for his ability to pump out the heat; he was a walking hot-water bottle.

I can go on about how special he was by sharing details of his career as a champion show dog or how he was frequently invited into the tiny bars and restaurants in our neighbourhood, but we will always remember him most for being the catalyst that helped us form so many new friendships.

Going to miss this dog so much.

25494163113_8d9a770c95_z.jpg

I know its kinda cliche to offer up condolences, smoke and prayers and such, for times when one is experiencing a loss. We all have them, and we as a community always mean well to each other. Its very comforting and I know that when times have been bad for me, kind words from all of you here is always appreciated. But for you (Gus and Triggs) I wish to offer a little more. You spoke of how Oz transformed lives, I thought I would just share with you how deep that actually ran with people that you may not of realized....

My math may be off but I believe you and I (and Oz) have attended 4 gatherings together. My first impression of him was his massive size. But once I got to spend a little time with him I realized it was a perfect representation of who he was. Everything about him was huge, his size, his personality, his heart. Even though he was a menacing sight, anyone with any brains or time spent with him knew he was one in a million. Even the last gathering we spent together my 11 year old son was so impressed by him he still speaks of him. Just the other day again, he said, "next dog we get, I want one like Oz" what he doesn't realize is we all want a dog like Oz. Again, I use the term, 1 in a million..... I hadn't told my son of his passing yet, when I do he will definately be sad. He was hoping to see him again.

I will never make light of the passing of a pet. They fill a void that humans cannot, their loyalty, friendship, and love is unconditional, knowing you and Triggs I know how much you guys loved him. I hope you find peace in knowing that you gave that big boy the best life he could of ever had. I am truly sorry for your loss.

I will be greating you both in a couple of weeks with open arms at Ethans. At least you Canadians are small enough I can hug both of you at the same time! ;)

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss Gus. Never got to meet Oz but after reading about him I was hoping to if I ever make it to a gathering.

Slow motion snarkage.

Sorry for your loss Gus. They sure do occupy a big part.of our hearts. My lab is almost 10, but still moves around like a young dog. If it wasn't for her growing number of gray hairs, noone would believe she is near 10. I hope that means we have a good amount of time left with her.

Picture sharing time :)

Bell peppers started!
26185377891_ed38a152e1_z.jpg

Wrinkly haberneros started!
26225731466_5f88d0c3b7_z.jpg

Thai. I counted over 20 small peppers on this little guy. The plant aint 10" tall yet LOL
26225744426_3c1cab5cbc_z.jpg

Black cherry tomatoes
25978802670_3e330cb53b_z.jpg

Husky tomatoes
26251671535_abe6decf9a_z.jpg

Cowhorn. These are growing crazy fast.
26185395861_6951cf557f_z.jpg

And have you ever seen a moccasin bite artificial bait??? A guy we were fishing with at the creek yesterday pulled him in.
25978834240_01af062815_c.jpg

^cool beans ww. Love myself some good ol' veggie garden. Good stuff. You're gonna love the results when they're in your meals ;)

Picture sharing time :)

And have you ever seen a moccasin bite artificial bait??? A guy we were fishing with at the creek yesterday pulled him in.

Nice veggies!

And not a moccasin, but a regular water snake. When we were kids, my brother over cast with a hula popper (looks like a frog) and it landed in the cattails on the other side of the pond. It was promptly attacked by a water snake...we had an interesting time getting the snake off the lure...if I recall, a shovel was involved...

Jebus I've been out of it lately. All moved and have my shop equipment out and working. So I'm back to making. I've got a few to finish before the gathering and a bunch more before blade show.

Happy to be done moving! And that's the important thing! Haha

WW, I've never seen a snake hit artificial bait, but I'll never forget when I was a teenager, a older cousin of mine used to come pick me up and we'd go fishing. One time in particular this time of year, we casted out in one of our favorite bluegill/crappie ponds. We must of stirred up a nest is there is such a thing of water moccasins. There was so many they would attack the small fish we had on our line reeling them in. They where pretty pissed off too, we decided to leave when they came up on the bank. They got close enough we was swatting at them with out rods. There had to be dozens of them. Never seen anything like it.

Damn Gus, hate to hear about your fine friend. He was something else.

Cool pics Noswad, would love to explore that.

Went on a knife craze today. Recently I started carrying my Spyderco Delica 4 ffg (in grey) and my Manix 2 lightweight a lot more often. They're such fine blades...
I still need to get a Para 2, but wanted a Spydie fix nonetheless. So I ordered a Tenacious, Persistence, Meadowlark and Raven 2.
I could have gotten that Para 2, but now I have 4 other Spydies coming instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back