The return to SNARKdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a plan! Be safe in your discoveries though.

We will, or at least we'll try to. :D There are lots of great camping spots near the cave too so we might just go for a couple days and camp, fish, and explore the cave. Apparently it has a wet exit and a dry exit depending on which of the main paths you take.

WW, I've never seen a snake hit artificial bait, but I'll never forget when I was a teenager, a older cousin of mine used to come pick me up and we'd go fishing. One time in particular this time of year, we casted out in one of our favorite bluegill/crappie ponds. We must of stirred up a nest is there is such a thing of water moccasins. There was so many they would attack the small fish we had on our line reeling them in. They where pretty pissed off too, we decided to leave when they came up on the bank. They got close enough we was swatting at them with out rods. There had to be dozens of them. Never seen anything like it.

I've heard cotton mouths (water moccasins) are very aggressive and do nest up. My wife tells a story about them swarming and attacking a jon boat her grandpa took her in.

We will, or at least we'll try to. :D There are lots of great camping spots near the cave too so we might just go for a couple days and camp, fish, and explore the cave. Apparently it has a wet exit and a dry exit depending on which of the main paths you take.

Speaking of which.. We were lacking in the flashlight department yesterday. Just the tiny little keychain light in my MotoEx survival kit was it.. I've since put my headlamp in the Jeep, but I'm looking for a cheap (15-20 dollars, preferably) AA flashlight to EDC for occasions like yesterday. Suggestions?

Speaking of which.. We were lacking in the flashlight department yesterday. Just the tiny little keychain light in my MotoEx survival kit was it.. I've since put my headlamp in the Jeep, but I'm looking for a cheap (15-20 dollars, preferably) AA flashlight to EDC for occasions like yesterday. Suggestions?

Fenix E11/E12 are plenty bright and cheap enough...it's my EDC work&play light.

Streamlight. They have wonderful and cost efficient edc lights. I've got the microstream and the protac aaa. I love them. They're not the best lights, but for the dough, they probably are.

Fenix E11/E12 are plenty bright and cheap enough...it's my EDC work&play light.

Streamlight. They have wonderful and cost efficient edc lights. I've got the microstream and the protac aaa. I love them. They're not the best lights, but for the dough, they probably are.

Thanks guys. I like the E12 but I was hoping it had a pocket clip. Not really a big deal I guess, but not ideal. I was looking at a ThorFire TG06 and a Coast HP1 as well.

Last edited:

I also like the Protac AAA model, which has a pocket clip. I bought a handful one year and everyone in the family got one for Christmas.

And have you ever seen a moccasin bite artificial bait??? A guy we were fishing with at the creek yesterday pulled him in.
25978834240_01af062815_c.jpg

Better bait than your leg.

Good looking garden, bro. I'm thinkin' you don't think about Philly at all any more......and I don't blame you one bit. Looks like you are totally home.

Got a new pocket projector in today. Looking forward to seeing how she works tonight. Throw the picture on the ceiling, for bed time viewing.

^cool beans ww. Love myself some good ol' veggie garden. Good stuff. You're gonna love the results when they're in your meals ;)

Thanks man!! The tomatoes will never make it inside though. Soon as they get red ill eat them on the spot LOL :)
Nice veggies!

And not a moccasin, but a regular water snake. When we were kids, my brother over cast with a hula popper (looks like a frog) and it landed in the cattails on the other side of the pond. It was promptly attacked by a water snake...we had an interesting time getting the snake off the lure...if I recall, a shovel was involved...

I have seen them bite live bait on rare occasions but never artificial. Figured this guy was just pissed off LOL

And a shovel is a good "dispatcher" :D
WW, I've never seen a snake hit artificial bait, but I'll never forget when I was a teenager, a older cousin of mine used to come pick me up and we'd go fishing. One time in particular this time of year, we casted out in one of our favorite bluegill/crappie ponds. We must of stirred up a nest is there is such a thing of water moccasins. There was so many they would attack the small fish we had on our line reeling them in. They where pretty pissed off too, we decided to leave when they came up on the bank. They got close enough we was swatting at them with out rods. There had to be dozens of them. Never seen anything like it.

I've heard cotton mouths (water moccasins) are very aggressive and do nest up. My wife tells a story about them swarming and attacking a jon boat her grandpa took her in.

Loads of moccasins down here. I remember at this same creek when i was a kid i was in the middle of a canoe with grandpa up front and dad in the back, we paddle by some low branches and a moccasin drops down from a branch right by my head.... My father used the paddle like a baseball bat and sent that snake through the bushes... homerun style HAHA.

Have to watch out for them for sure they get aggressive and will try and defend their area.
It's a pretty sweet place. :thumbup: My cousins and I are planning on going back and going all the way through this Summer.

Awesome pictures man!! Looks like a great place to explore!!!

Better bait than your leg.

Good looking garden, bro. I'm thinkin' you don't think about Philly at all any more......and I don't blame you one bit. Looks like you are totally home.

Thanks man. And no i never think about that evil place LOL. I love the peace down here brother.

Painted my floor today. Despite the "better" suggestions i ended up using behr textured deck over. The guy in Gnome depot was advising against using the 2 part epoxy kits... Told me if i used them on wood it would likely crack up... Some crap. Then he tells me they are doing away with oil based paints and he said the best option was the deck over and he goes on the tell me about how it resist water and blah blah blah.... I ended up taking it just to get away from him because the man REALLY liked to talk :)

PLUS... I really did want a dark green color to go with the brown trim, and their "forest green" color looks very nice. It turned out pretty good but that stuff is a pain to keep mixed up. the grit in it sinks to the bottom and gets stuck on the sides. It also dried super quick. In about an hour it felt completely dry to the touch. On the second coat it was drying up on the roller at the end of the shed. I used a brand new roller for each coat too.... It just dried up super quick. 80° outside and prolly a little hotter in the shed.

All in all i like it. Will have to wait and see how it holds up. Still have to put a 2nd coat on the brown trim but wanted to finish the floor first so i can cover up the mess i made with the roller LOL

26234558886_57a199a8cc_z.jpg

And if you look closely you might can see where i ran across the floor barefoot to get a beer out the little fridge :D
26168089912_041050b718_z.jpg

Thanks bro!

I'm still using my fenix e11 and pd35 and they still work great... But I'm wanting the nitecore mh20. It's size makes it perfect to mount on the lid in my center console and its usb charging....and i have a charging port in the console...perfect match.... But i surely don't wanna spend the money on it!

I need to buy a food dehydrator. So i can dry peppers and make my own seasonings. But i don't wanna spend the money on it either LMAO

Water Mocs can kill you ded ded ded too. They are very venomous. Dont know why but water snakes seem to be the worst for poison. The most dangerous snake in the world is a sea snake. Snakes and water dont mix it seems ..lol
Noswad there is a cave a lot like that down in southern Indiana. long crawl through a gully, that isnt passable when its flooded, then into a chamber that has another short crawl into a very large chamber that feeds into a ton of other passages, including a lake in the cave. Fun stuff. I miss me some caving.

I also like the Protac AAA model, which has a pocket clip. I bought a handful one year and everyone in the family got one for Christmas.

I'll check it out as well. ATM I'm leaning towards the E12.

Awesome pictures man!! Looks like a great place to explore!!!

Thanks WW! It's pretty cool, we went about 20 feet down a tight little tunnel off of the main chamber that we plan on exploring more later too. My cousins have the pics of that though.

Noswad check our OLight lights also. Some other forumites can testify to their quality and battery life.

I've been very happy with my Fenix lights. I have an e11 by the bed and use it as backup for when I lose my e12. I'm on my 3rd e12 and never considered anything else when I've lost them.

Yeah, hard to go wrong with Fenix. I use an LD12 as my EDC, personally. I like that it uses a single AA, since those are ubiquitous, and, coupled with Eneloops, inexhaustible.

I have carried a few AAA lights in pocket, no AA lights though.

If you want a tiny bright light Maratac makes a great AAA light, LumaPower also makes a great one with a tail-switch. Both are quite bright for the size, dunno how bright you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back