The return to SNARKdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.11 TMT PLX penlight for an option. You'll find mixed reviews online. I've owned one for 5 months now and have had no problems with it. Its even survived my kids playing with it....

Speaking of which.. We were lacking in the flashlight department yesterday. Just the tiny little keychain light in my MotoEx survival kit was it.. I've since put my headlamp in the Jeep, but I'm looking for a cheap (15-20 dollars, preferably) AA flashlight to EDC for occasions like yesterday. Suggestions?

Nos, make yourself a box of tools and such (first aid kit, jumpers, water jug) for your rig.
Throw it in the back and keep it there at all times.
You'll be glad you did.
I keep an Action Packer in the back of my truck and it's saved my butt a few times.

Check thrift stores for some gear too. Get a nice bag or 2 or 3 for $2ea, other stuff is cheap. A lot of them have a bin of "garage" stuff just thrown in super cheap. Rummage around.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Gonna see if I can find something decent at walfart today and if not I'll probably end up going with a Fenix E12.

Nos, make yourself a box of tools and such (first aid kit, jumpers, water jug) for your rig.
You'll be glad you did.
I keep an Action Packer in the back of my truck and it's saved my butt a few times.

I've been trying to get stuff like that for it. I've got a little kit from MotoEx with firestarters, bandages, scalpels, matches, small tools, signaling mirror, etc. and an old first aid kit, and I've been stuffing just about anything else I can think of in other spots (two bandannas, binoculars, two flashlights). Got a set of jumper cables a few days ago for it too.

A decent strap can come in handy. You should also know where your tow points are if you need it. If you have a sufficient receiver hitch in the back there's no need to buy a D-ring receiver shackle right now. I have used a hitch pin through the eye of the strap or strap looped through the receiver behind the pin before in a pinch.

You'll be glad you did.

In addition to the water jug, throw a life-straw in the kit. Just cause you have some water, you always need a way to clean/drink more. The Sawyer is like $20 and it's well worth it. I believe AIG used one when he was hiking across south america.

At times like this, I wished I lived in the states... Ontario Rat 1 in D2 and carbon fiber scales... For 50$¿? That's insane value. I'd have snagged one ASAP.

Don't know if this has ever been mentioned, however I discovered one more reason to keep a BK-11 with me.

12920358_10156667731025462_2823343432198369689_n.jpg

Oxygen key, don't need to carry an extra tool when the 11 does a fine and dandy job of it!

I have used the Sawyer mini hundreds of times. Lakes, rivers, creeks... Never Had an issue i love that filter. Thanks for the idea Cbear, I'll throw mine in my truck too!

Everyone that sees me using it questions weather it really works because it's so small... But i keep using it without issue.

Only problem with jumper cables is... What if no one is around to give you a jump?

I carry a small jump starter. Fits under one of my backseats with room for my little dawa travel fishing rod. But it's going in the wife's car soon as i get this other one that comes with a small air compressor too.

I have used the Sawyer mini hundreds of times. Lakes, rivers, creeks... Never Had an issue i love that filter. Thanks for the idea Cbear, I'll throw mine in my truck too!

Everyone that sees me using it questions weather it really works because it's so small... But i keep using it without issue.

Only problem with jumper cables is... What if no one is around to give you a jump?

I carry a small jump starter. Fits under one of my backseats with room for my little dawa travel fishing rod. But it's going in the wife's car soon as i get this other one that comes with a small air compressor too.

You use the syringe pretty regularly to push water back through to clean it? I do that probably every three months or so just to make sure it gets properly cleaned out.

I squirt a few passes of bottled water through it when i get home after every trip that i use it. Quick and easy so i don't mind.

I used to carry one of those, used it often to jump other people but never actually used it to start my own truck though. The few times I needed it, it was either drained from jumping someone else or once it was on loan to a buddy for a demo derby. After a few years it was worn out and wouldn't hold a charge anymore.

That sounds about right Hoss.

I haven't had to use mine yet. But it's nice knowing it's there. It also charges cell phones and laptops so it's a good piece of kit to have around when we are out in the woods.

Id like a portable winch and some ground anchors that i can use to straight up pull myself out of thick sugar sand... Really don't want to mount a winch on the truck...but a lightweight super strong portable that was also cheap... Hells yea LOL

Get a 60" hi-lift jack and some come-alongs. And four-wheel drive. :D

There was one time I was out shooting and some high school kids were wheeling in a Jeep Cherokee. I saw them try to climb a hill and get stuck so I went over with my blazer to pull them out. I tossed one a shovel while I got out the chains and told them to go buy a couple at walmart as soon as I got them free. Then the guy told me it was only a 2wd Cherokee so I told him to buy a 4x4 and then get some shovels. I saw the Jeep not long after with a for sale sign in the window.

not sure how many of you heard, but we lost an icon today. Merle Haggard died today. he was a lays one of my favorites. and seeing him in concert was always a bucket list item of mine

Smoke headed up.. It looks like he passed away on his birthday too??

Get a 60" hi-lift jack and some come-alongs. And four-wheel drive. :D

There was one time I was out shooting and some high school kids were wheeling in a Jeep Cherokee. I saw them try to climb a hill and get stuck so I went over with my blazer to pull them out. I tossed one a shovel while I got out the chains and told them to go buy a couple at walmart as soon as I got them free. Then the guy told me it was only a 2wd Cherokee so I told him to buy a 4x4 and then get some shovels. I saw the Jeep not long after with a for sale sign in the window.

4X4 wouldnt help me from getting stuck at all... Exact opposite if anything... The more capable the vehicle the bigger risks i take.... It would however make things more fun haha... Locking diff would be excellence.

Shovel, axe, and floor mats can get you out of many situations... especially if your willing to reduce the psi in your tires....just dropping pressure has gotten me out of a couple binds....

But digging is work... How close are you to an air compressor?.... And who wants their floor mats all destroyed?

I'm thinking a couple unicorns jacked up on red bull could get me out easier.... and.... Chicks dig unicorns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back