The return to SNARKdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking Santa has them jacked up on something a little stronger than red bull.... The man is not too subtle about it either... Think about it... "Candy-cane"

Really Santa?

:D

A decent strap can come in handy. You should also know where your tow points are if you need it. If you have a sufficient receiver hitch in the back there's no need to buy a D-ring receiver shackle right now. I have used a hitch pin through the eye of the strap or strap looped through the receiver behind the pin before in a pinch.

Pin the receiver through the hitch shackle with the D-ring looped around the eye of the strap pinch.

...floor mats can get you out of many situations...

I got bogged in my '91 2wd Hilux one day leaving a mates house out in the bush. His neighbour had an old '83 Holden Gemini sedan rotting in a paddock about a hundred metres away so I mosied over and ripped the door cards (trims) out of it. Chocked them under the rear wheels and valve bounced my way out of trouble. Thankfully I had a shovel in the tray (bed). Unthankfully (?) my truck was only about 3 inches of the ground because I'd slammed it like a boss. Added an extra 40 minutes to the ordeal. Lesson learned? Keep Holden Gemini parts handy..

Holy moly I think I am almost half way done with my Bladeshow gear... I still can't really log on from my phone to get in here. Not sure why either, I've had this problem for a few years now... and no I will not use tapatalk that's just wrong, lol

Sheesh. 10.5 hours of no snarkage.

I bought a few Rapala fillet knives off of the bay in fairly rough shape. Figured they would give me something to tinker with. They showed up and it looks like people just use them until they are too chipped and dull to cut anymore. I ended up taking them to the work sharp to get rid of the chips and fix a few tips. I ground the edges at a pretty low angle and then put my final edge on them with the 15dps setting on the sharpmaker. They took great edges and should be useful again. A little bit more cleanup on a couple of them and they should be good to go.

Sheesh. 10.5 hours of no snarkage.

I bought a few Rapala fillet knives off of the bay in fairly rough shape. Figured they would give me something to tinker with. They showed up and it looks like people just use them until they are too chipped and dull to cut anymore. I ended up taking them to the work sharp to get rid of the chips and fix a few tips. I ground the edges at a pretty low angle and then put my final edge on them with the 15dps setting on the sharpmaker. They took great edges and should be useful again. A little bit more cleanup on a couple of them and they should be good to go.

Seriously, I think snark almost died. I, unfortunately, drove 300 miles today for work....some of it in Vermont! - and then to a swim team banquet. So, not really available for snarkage.

Those Rapala's, especially the wood handled ones, are really high value knives, IMO. Got a couple really old ones that have stood the test of time......though they haven't actually cleaned that many fish (esp. in recent years) because I'm a fisherman, not a catcherman. One was actually turned into a shop knife for woodworking. Marttiini Rapala's are quite good for the $$, if you ask me. Have fun with 'em, AC.

Alright guys, I need some help. I've been off work for 3 weeks as of tomorrow with pneumonia. So far I've watched all of NCIS, Animaniacs, Vikings, yada yada yada... I need new shows.

Dang, C-Bear, didn't realize it had been that long. For additional mind dulling entertainment,

Current series - your could try Limitless, Blindspot, Supergirl. All far-fetched, lame plots, some good looking women. Castle isn't TOO bad. Beats the hell out of The Batchelor/Bachelorette or Dancing with the stars, or The Voice, etc Hey, what can I say, it's TV. :D

Some cable channels (and I assume Netflix/Hulu as well, maybe) carry OLDER shows, especially GOOD comedies and Westerns. I prefer some of them to a lot of the junk on today.... Bonanza, The Lone Ranger, Have Gun Will Travel, McHale's Navy, Gunsmoke, The Rifleman, etc.

Another entertainment option is old radio shows on MP3 disks. You can get them on fleabay for a few bucks. They have literally dozens or hundreds of radio show episodes available, such as The Green Hornet, Superman, Lone Ranger, The Shadow, Mystery Theater, Agatha Christie, and more. Many of the first TV shows were pulled from the existing popular radio shows of the 40s and 50s. Search for "OTR" or "Old Time Radio". Using one of those 2 terms, you get 4300+ or 5000+ results, respectively. There are many duplicates, but there's thousands of hours of old shows that are really good and just waiting for you.

Yeah, and the doc is saying at least another month before I'm released to go back to work. Apparently there was also some PE issues, and some atrial and ventricle dilation issues and threw in some collapsed lungs for good measure while I was in the hospital last week. I got home on Monday night, but I'm on oxygen (one of the issues with returning to work...)

I actually grew up listening to OTR, and I still have several hundred hours on CD. I might have to go pull up The Phantom (movie from the mid-90's? with Billy Zane... haven't watched that in a while!) oh and The Shadow, with Alec Baldwin... Thanks ZZ for the ideas!

Alright guys, I need some help. I've been off work for 3 weeks as of tomorrow with pneumonia. So far I've watched all of NCIS, Animaniacs, Vikings, yada yada yada... I need new shows.

The Shield, Justified, Sons of Anarchy, Community, Archer, Weeds. It would take you a couple weeks to watch every single episode of The Simpsons.

Farscape, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate SG-1/Atlantis, Brooklyn 99, Psych

I also watch a ton of stuff on youtube. Motor Trend has a few good shows, Roadkill is one of my favorite things ever.

The Shield, Justified, Sons of Anarchy, Community, Archer, Weeds. It would take you a couple weeks to watch every single episode of The Simpsons.
Shield, Watched. Justified, I'll have to check on Amazon for since Netflix doesn't have it. SOA, I'm on season 7 which is also the last one on Netflix so that works. Community, I'll have to look into, I've never heard of it. Archer, I'll have to find. Weeds, seen the whole thing.
Farscape, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate SG-1/Atlantis, Brooklyn 99, Psych
Farscape I wasn't overly impressed with. Firefly... DUH! And Serenity. BSG, both airings. Stargate SG1 was good, Atlantis was my second favorite Sci-Fi show I really enjoyed Rodney's character. Brooklyn 99, I'll have to look. Psych was awesome.

Seriously, I think snark almost died. I, unfortunately, drove 300 miles today for work....some of it in Vermont! - and then to a swim team banquet. So, not really available for snarkage.

Those Rapala's, especially the wood handled ones, are really high value knives, IMO. Got a couple really old ones that have stood the test of time......though they haven't actually cleaned that many fish (esp. in recent years) because I'm a fisherman, not a catcherman. One was actually turned into a shop knife for woodworking. Marttiini Rapala's are quite good for the $$, if you ask me. Have fun with 'em, AC.

I thought you were done with all the driving?

The wood handled ones are definitely high value knives and the older ones seem to be made better than the new ones, minus the sheath that the knife pokes through. The ones I've bought recently may be in rough shape, but you can tell they were better made than one I have that's a couple years old.

Justified is a must and it is on Amazon Cbear. Netfilx has Cheers, The Arrow, The Flash, and That 70's Show. All those have decent entertainment value, Cheers will keep you occupied for a good while.

ETA: House is another good one.

Shield, Watched. Justified, I'll have to check on Amazon for since Netflix doesn't have it. SOA, I'm on season 7 which is also the last one on Netflix so that works. Community, I'll have to look into, I've never heard of it. Archer, I'll have to find. Weeds, seen the whole thing.

I just finished Justified on Amazon. I'm not sure who exactly is behind making the show but Justified, SOA, And The Shield must have some of the same people making them. They're all good shows with similar styles and you see actors from one show either starring or at least having cameos in one or both of the others. If you like SOA and The Shield you'll probably like and Justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back