The " Roosters " are crowing for the " Farmers"

What a beauty!!! I mean this one just has everything:thumbsup: gorgeous bone (already feels pocket worn) simple but classy bar shield:thumbsup: slim carry with two extremely useful blades:thumbsup: enjoy my friend and I look forward to seeing it's character develop:cool:

This is prob my favorite looking one. Thanks, I'm feeling a little better already!

Thanks again Paul for your help. I am very happy with this one. Pictures don't really do it justice. You have to have it in hand to really appreciate it.

Randy, go ahead and dive in. You won't be disappointed.

I too would love to see another run of these.

Thanks guys for your enthusiasm and pictures.
You know when I started collecting, the pruner blade was my least favorite blade. After some maturation in collecting I saw the grace and artistry involved in grinding these, and their application in the wharncliffe frame.

I think most cutlers struggled a little on this grind, at least to begin with. Wink

Each grinder had his or her style of pruning blade also. The Wostenholms and NYKs are among my favorites. What’s hard ,is that most of these pruners are sharpened, nullifying the original design of the blade.

IMG_4064.jpg~original

My 38 arrived today. It's pretty nice. I like the dark micarta color. It's not a lick creek per se but it will definitely fit right in there.
IMG_8058.jpg IMG_8059.jpg IMG_8061.jpg IMG_8062.jpg

If a guy wanted to collect all the gec 38s made in this style how many would that be so far? Maybe 7 including those lick creek orchard gems?

Last edited:
Nice Randy. I think 11, counting all the different covers? 3 Orchard Gems, 3 Lick Creeks, maroon and OD Micarta, smooth brown camel bone and a midnight jig bone and a Brazilian jig with Beaver shield???

12 variations, if I'm not mistaken, of our production of farmers jacks. I had 3, Charlie 3, Derrick 2( brown camel and black), GEC's 4 as Paul mentioned.

I am missing a black camel myself. I'm ashamed.:(

12 variations, if I'm not mistaken, of our production of farmers jacks. I had 3, Charlie 3, Derrick 2( brown camel and black), GEC's 4 as Paul mentioned.

I am missing a black camel myself. I'm ashamed.:(
Tsk tsk, Lyle!!:(
You know now, everyone is going to look for one for you!!:D
(I hope!):rolleyes:

Alright, there are currently 12 that have been made. So, I have two of them, the maroon micarta and the midnight jigged bone :). 10 to collect isn't too bad. I better start lining up some extra jobs and searching the desert with Lyle! LOL.

Last edited:
I was just commenting on the 2018 forum knife area about liking the look of a knife with brass pins and liners with a dark handle material. It looks pretty cool to me.

Back