The Saturday and Sunday Picture Show... (4-4-5-2020)( OLD Show Look at the DATE...

011.JPG

012.JPG

Great show! ! ! Keep the pictures coming...
Don't forget to hit the like button... We want to
thank everyone that takes the time to shares
part of there Collection with all of us...

I want to say Thank you, to everyone that
Takes the time to shares pictures of there
collection in these dark times...

God bless you all... ITE

image.jpeg Last week I posted a custom CPM S-110-V blade mounted in the take apart 110 Aluminum BCCI Anniversary knife. This week I have a custom Stellite 6-K blade mounted in the same handle.
Stellite 6-K has 1.6% Carbon, 4.5% Tungsten, 31% Chrome, 1.5% Molybdenum, 2% Manganese, 3% Nickel, 2% Silicon, and the balance is Cobalt.
Stellite has heat, chemical, and wear resistance. Stellite tooling bits can run red hot with no coolant. Sodium cooled valves for racing engines are made of Stellite. The edges of bulldozer blades and the teeth of steam shovel buckets are coated with Stellite for wear resistance. The fuel injectors of rocket engines are made of Stellite. Stellite cannot corrode and exhibits no Ferromagnetism (it has no Iron in it). It is not heat treated.
The price is off the map, nobody has any, and nobody likes to fabricate it.
The guy who made the blade did a shallow hollow grind. When I sharpened the blade to 15* per side, the bevels climbed up blade. No matter. It works fine. Some day I may polish the bevels a little more.
The inserts on the handle are Olive Drab Micarta.

Thinking about the essentials, got to have these four (or worthy substitutes) - Buck 118 for hunting, Buck 110 for heavy duty outdoors use, 303 for EDC, and a penknife for dress slacks. OH
Ps I sold the yellow handled 303 (to John I think) but I have several others!

Buck-Essentials.jpg

Back