The Schnauzer titanium hatchet

Mecha

Titanium Bladesmith
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Latest Mechaxe: the Schnauzer, named for obvious reasons. Next round I'm putting ears on the things to make them even more like a schnauzer!

Made of Grade 38 titanium alloy, with hardened faces. Leather mask by Ms. Oye.

Schnauzers #3 and 4, shiny finish:

hWM7im8.jpg

Schnauzers #1 and 2, gray finish:

we3BknT.jpg

Schnauzer mask, in bison leather:

nLfSc2X.jpg

pA1RvvM.jpg

nice thick handles:thumbsup:
great looking working Sammy! Hittin yer stride these days, I'd say

just when I think you'll run out of idears.......ya keep proving me wrong.:D

more pure awesome there, really impressive.

just when I think you'll run out of idears.......ya keep proving me wrong.:D

more pure awesome there, really impressive.

Thanks. I like machetes, personally, but a lot of people prefer hatchets for dealing with wood and such.

Thanks. I like machetes, personally, but a lot of people prefer hatchets for dealing with wood and such.
I lean towards machetes as well. creature of habit.

that said, those hatchets I'd be just as happy to put to use. youre making some badarse stuff. one right after the other.

Shut up and take my money!!!

Talk about exactly the right design for this material. Does Hephaestus know you’ve taken over the god-weapon business?

HAHA! :D

Well I don't know. I want more feedback from the users of these things. So far the one I like best is still the first one...which happens to be sort of an axe-shaped machete, go figure :

I always end up late to the party with these titanium tools.

I have had some luck picking up second hand versions of titanium axes. Testing so far has removed from my mind the old myth that edged titanium tools are a lost cause. The one I have uses a Tungsten Carbide impregnation for edge retention. So far so good.

Seeing what you’re doing with heat treatments, coupled with titanium’s knack to work harden...you seem to be the only game in town really applying this stubborn metal to its full potential. The axe in your video, out of steel, might as well be a boat anchor. In titanium, Looks like a dream to swing around.

Also, the 50’s stylized atomic logo, it calls to me.

I always end up late to the party with these titanium tools.

I have had some luck picking up second hand versions of titanium axes. Testing so far has removed from my mind the old myth that edged titanium tools are a lost cause. The one I have uses a Tungsten Carbide impregnation for edge retention. So far so good.

Seeing what you’re doing with heat treatments, coupled with titanium’s knack to work harden...you seem to be the only game in town really applying this stubborn metal to its full potential. The axe in your video, out of steel, might as well be a boat anchor. In titanium, Looks like a dream to swing around.

Also, the 50’s stylized atomic logo, it calls to me.

Somebody needed to do it. :D

eh Sammy, how are you doing?
Stay well buddy!

Back