The Scurvy Relief Fund #2

Just sent the check to the person we all wanted to help out.

Here is the response.

Please post on my behalf my thanks. I now know I will live long enough to pay this forward one day!!!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am going back into the hospital to have a screen installed in my Vena Cava to prevent another Emboli and of course the blood thinners screwed up my skin graft on my leg so that needs to get fixed. But you all have made certain aspects of my care so much easier and you all will never be forgotten. My wife is crying her heart out, she cannot believe the care, love and kindness you all have showed me!!!

Great to hear this will help.
Damn wind, something stuck in my eye.

Odd same thing happened to me. Must be the pollen.

Last edited:
Calling Jaxx, you won the the Charlie Mike Ti Street Beat contact me with your shipping info so I can pass it on to CM and he can ship your knife :)

Congratulations to the winners, participants, and the folks that donated the items. I am amazed to see just how many folks stepped up and participated in this. This has absolutely demonstrated that the people on this forum are some of the absolute best around, period. Thank you all for helping and participating in this first event of its kind on Bladeforums. The best part is that some person was potentially given a new lease on life and a very real chance at living through what would have otherwise been an even tougher road to recovery. Best wishes to you all and thanks for the bottom of my black heart. ;)

Congratulations to the winners, participants, and the folks that donated the items. I am amazed to see just how many folks stepped up and participated in this. This has absolutely demonstrated that the people on this forum are some of the absolute best around, period. Thank you all for helping and participating in this first event of its kind on Bladeforums. The best part is that some person was potentially given a new lease on life and a very real chance at living through what would have otherwise been an even tougher road to recovery. Best wishes to you all and thanks for the bottom of my black heart. ;)

Well said Charlie...

Something tells me that we all just won a little something here.
Thank you all.

Just wanted to thank Ajack60 for giving his winning ticket to my daughter. He had the Koster Bushcrafter sent by Bastid to my baby, the knife arrived the other day and she's been workin' and promised some action shots. Her are some quick pics to hold you's over, till then. She did want me to thank everyone especially Anthony and Gus fir the knife, she said she'll get to use it a lot while we do our spring cleaning.

jcSKCrp.jpg

VrcJDxH.jpg

T8BzawR.jpg

4aHD2jo.jpg

QixzNX3.jpg

QoLPwFS.jpg

bkJB7IO.jpg

JrVxZ5m.jpg

80Kobj0.jpg

Hey guys,
Just a quick thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am home for now but this Pulmonary Embolism is raising havoc with my body. I had screens installed but it seems like a vicious cycle. Although the injury to my leg is old it never healed and now for some reason it finds it necessary to throw blood clots into my blood stream. This on top of all the other stuff going on is making life tougher than I thought it could ever be. BUT you all came through for me at a time when I need help desperately. To those like me battling health issues the costs associated with trying to get better are high, but thanks to you I have been able to put out one brush fire nd move on to the next. I am not super religious but I pray that I will get well enough to do this for someone else one day and pray that you all know just how truly thankful I am to be your friend.......................................Ira

Good to hear from you Ira, glad your home and we all hope and pray that things get better for you. Keep up the fight.

Good to see you posting Ira, eat the Elephant one bite at a time and get feeling better so you can come back and straighten the boys out here. :thumbup:

Something tells me that we all just won a little something here.
Thank you all.
Amen Mack!

Great to hear from you Ira. I can sympathize with you, I came home from the hospital with a pulmonary embolism as well. Like you it wasn't something I planned on but you just have to take one day at a time. Good luck on your recovery and stay in touch..

Remember Ira, no one did this with any expectation of repayment in kind. It is a token of respect and well wishes, and an effort to help you when in need. Not too many of us are "super religious", but that does not keep us from praying for your fullest recovery, each in our own way. My prayers do continue for you. And yes, glad to see you up to posting updates.

Ira, you da man! Glad We could help!

Jaxx, I be needin' yur scurvy address for shipment of the CMFTW shirt you also won. PM me brother...

Glad to hear you're at the house Ira, nothing like being at home to help the healing.
There's a great bunch of people here and I'm proud to be a part of this community. A lot of folks here remind me of the people I grew up with.

Ted, tell your baby girl "you're welcome" from me. Those are some great pics of the knife.

Back