The Seax

koyote girl nailed that sheath.

I wish I had time make as much of each style I like as I wanted to. (and enough money to give them away)- this langseax is definitely one of my favorites.

I'd love to see a mix between your modern seax style and the langseax size. Gorgeous looking knife and sheath!

tomorrow- there's a big one and a .... bastard shortsword sized one. The larger one is all ready for pictures, but the sheth is forming on it. the "smaller" one is part of a set and the matched woods are all glued up and making sure everything is tight before peening on the tubing and all that. So tomorrow sometime, big modern seax types.

Awesome lookin' blade man. How's that working for ya?

It is great, and really sharp! I have only had it about a week now, but been so busy I barely found time to take some pics of it... and they weren't even good pics. I'll keep ya posted.

tomorrow- there's a big one and a .... bastard shortsword sized one. The larger one is all ready for pictures, but the sheth is forming on it. the "smaller" one is part of a set and the matched woods are all glued up and making sure everything is tight before peening on the tubing and all that. So tomorrow sometime, big modern seax types.

Can't wait to see the pics...and for Brown Santa to bring me presents.

While we are on the topic of the Seax...here is a pic of my new spear point Langseax (one word?).

DSC04563.jpg

Your Langseax Is a Beauty C Bryant, I've got a Modern Seax with a 9" Blade on Order, 14 1/2" Total length, I'm going with the Koyote Etched Steel Look, I really like the Darkened/Rough Forged look In Christof's Work, I dont think I'll ever get a Polished Steel Blade from him, "Polished Steel look's Good" But It just aint something I would Order In a Koyote Custom Knife" What's the Spec.'s on that one ? Thank's for sharing the picture, I seen that Blade In his Work In progress picture's and I was a wondering who got that one !

Wooo-Wee ! I cant wait to se em, I got the feeling your Modern Seax design Is gonna be a popular Model for Koyote Custom Knive's, I got one with a 5 1/2" Blade, I got one on Order with a 9" Blade, I have vision's In my Brain of a 12" Bladed Seax Chopper ! And when Rotte get's his 6" Combat Seax Knife, Then there's gonna be the Seax Neck Knife ? !

okay, here's one that's part of a set, with matching handle materials- actually cut fromt he same block.

before lanyard tubes were instered and peened:

20090626-1.jpg

20090626-2.jpg

and after lanyard pins were inserted and peened, rough sanding all done and first tung oil soak done:

20090626-3.jpg

20090626-4.jpg

20090626-5.jpg

20090626-6.jpg

and another one that went out the door:

209-1.jpg

209-2.jpg

209-3.jpg

what you can't see is the new snap on strap system that makes this sheath FULLY ambidextrous. the keeper strap can also be removed completely, which is great for some carry modes with a knife/sword/whatever this big. it's NOT going to jump out of the sheath unless you are on horseback.

Very Nice ! Beautiful Work Christof, And Koyote Girl that Sheath Is Outstanding ! Thank's for all the picture's, The Koyote Custom Knive's Seax Is an Excellent addition to the Koyote Knive's Line up !

Christof, I got another one planned when you get done with my Order's In August, I've got a Modern Seax Order to place ! I cant wait to see the 9" Blade'ed Modern Seax when you get started on It, But I have a Vision of a 12" Blade. 2" Broad 3/16" Thick, Ipe Wood Scale's Modern Seax Chopper that Is gonna be a Koyote Custom Competition Performance Chopper with a Custom Koyote Girl Baldric Style Sheath System ! I got the feeling your gonna be one Busy Knife Maker !

I'm the lucky buyer of the humongous seax koyotegirl is holding. It's awesome, balances very well for as big as it is. Koyote weighed it and it tipped the scale at around 2#, however, it swings like a lighter knife.

If you're considering one, get on his list quick before it gets too long.

Much thanks and many props to koyote and koyotegirl for their hard work.

Back