The Serpentine Jack!! Also a gift!!

waynorth

Dealer / Materials Provider
I've admired the traditional Serpentine Jack all my collecting life!! I've gathered up some older, and some newer, even SFOed some!!:cool:
It is the slimness I find intriguing, although they are somewhat long for my usual uses, but Lo!! That famous tracker who "knows tracks" ( and has busted a few Bulls) has gifted me an unusually sized one, this 3 1/2 incher, made by Queen's best knifemaker back in 1992!! (Now who could that be???:rolleyes:)
The usual size is just under 4", a hefty useful knife, but I find this one very useful for everything but filetting and skinning!!!:D
Behold this beauty;
Shatt & Primb 3.jpg
Compact but strong, with lots of reach, I find it a pleasure!! But I need another pocket!!!:eek:
Here it is compared to a not so old Primble;
Shatt & Primb 1.jpg Shatt & Primb 2.jpg
So, you can see, (I hope) the difference in scale!!:)
Thanks for this great knife, Dave, knowtracks knowtracks (and the HJ you sent!!More info elsewhere!!)
So, please post your serpentine jacks if you have them folks!!!

A couple of sweet RED ones right there My Friend! :cool: I'm glad it arrived safely, Happy Birthday! :D You caught me off guard, you made your trip down to the states earlier than I expected. ;)
Bill included this pattern in the first and second Annual Reproduction Series or Keystone Series. This is one of those patterns that just feels right to me in hand. :) I appreciate the attention to detail with the extended spring and solid feel.
Hope you enjoy it in Great health! :D

Dave

On a side note, the Annual Reproduction Series is what got me interested in Queen and then Schatt and Morgan knives to begin with. The old patterns and solid workmanship drew me in! ;)
Little did I know that Bill was behind them all. A couple of the sets, like 6 and 7 really spoke to me, I wasn't particularly attracted to the color of the bone covers but the patterns were varied and not really seen much anymore. That Series ran for 20 years! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Lol Charlie you fibber you.
Those were the days where I took my first breath of Air in the Knife World once been spanked on the bum by the Doctor.

Charlie if I had known you more- and I knew just a little more- I so would have literally given you that knife :)

But I am sure glad you helped raise me in Traditionals - that I forever thankful for.

Also thankful for the mighty friends I have made which includes both these two good people of whom this Thread is about, man life is good - with good people in your heart.

Last edited:
A great pattern Charlie (one of my favourites too) :) You're showing some beauties my friend :) Well done Dave :thumbsup:

I'm glad I gave you a few pennies, Duncan!!! I forgot!!!:cool:
I hope that gave you a kick start in your addiction!!!:p
OH, NO!!! What have I done???:eek::D

Back