The Sgian Dubh

I would have thought that in HI you'd want to stick with the single edge?

I usually keep mine in a pocket (cargo pocket best) or IWB. Haven't tried boot carry even though I do frequently wear boots.

Christof,

I gave the one you sold me to my father and he loved it. He took it straight to his office and says that he likes to play with it when people he dislikes come around.

New one, in brown. This is the first photographed IWB sheath rig.

346-0001.jpeg

346-0002.jpeg

346-0005.jpeg

346-0011.jpeg

346-0012.jpeg

The IWB sheath in this case is made for LH carry, but it's really fairly reversible.

We use a chicago screw for the loop mounting, which allows the loop to be removed, replaced, adjusted for size. It also makes the belt loop free floating, allows for a more comfortable carry.

Sierra is pretty tiny, so this looks like a .454 casull on her:

346-0015.jpeg

346-0016.jpeg

346-0018.jpeg

gotta love that!

edit: was talking about the knife...was writing as the second group of photos was getting put up I guess! Souded like a dirty old man! :)

Last edited:
Nice!

Now you've got me pacing back and forth, desperately! You're killin' me over here!

I have to make sure I'm not confused as to who is which on what forum or email! This one's yours, right? I sent email a couple hours ago.

I have to make sure I'm not confused as to who is which on what forum or email! This one's yours, right? I sent email a couple hours ago.

nope! Mine is the black/red liners, mosaic pins, red stitching sheath...

I'm just kidding about being desperate though. That's a nice knife.

I just got your email and replied. I am greatly looking forward to receiving it. I've been dying for a real sgian dubh for a long time!

Excellent. That is what I'm talkin' about! Looks like it can rotate a bit.

I love it that the fabled Sgian Dubh has found a new life as a real knife with this design. :thumbup:

I think the simple sock sheath is the most overall versatile and practical rig, but the others have points fo specific purposes.

The patriot is very secure and carries horizontally or on straps well.

The exploere modification with the snap retention is probably the best field/hiking utility sheath.

I'm really happy with the IWB design. It's a specific purpose carry, but it's really working out well. I've got to get one out of the shop for my own maple SD.....

I'm late getting these photos up!

First one with mosaics. And red thread in the sheath. pretty cool. Photos are sucking today.

347-0001.jpeg

347-0002.jpeg

347-0003.jpeg

347-0005.jpeg

347-0007.jpeg

Back