The Sgian Dubh

Congrats JB, that is a GREAT looking knife! Nice job as usual Christof!

this one is a bit longer than the norm, coming in at 5.25 - 5.5 inches of blade. Call it the Nugent sized Sgian Dubh.

360-0004.jpeg

360-0001.jpeg

360-0007.jpeg

360-0009.jpeg

Really nice. Mosaic pin is a great touch. Handle looks great. My favorite grind on the Sgian Dubh.

Yeah- I'm really leery of mosaic pins. I think they detract from a lot of well figured woods and most often don't "match" what the rest of the knife is doing.

On these 3 sgian dubhs I've done them on, they've worked out VERY well.

Here's another recent example- mammoth ivory and a very high, fine convex grind.

427-0005.jpeg

427-0003.jpeg

427-0009.jpeg

427-0011.jpeg

I've got... more than 15 knives ont he bench actively working right now, it's a bit disorganized. I've got 2 SD orders I'm working on, I'll try and get some decent photos. I have to time it right, rain doesn't work ;)

I REALLY like this one!!! The copper looks AWESOME!!! Mike

Attachments

• sgian.jpg
    sgian.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 43
  • sgian2.jpg
    sgian2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 38
  • sgian1.jpg
    sgian1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 28
The copper tubing was worth waiting for. everything else clashes badly with what is otherwise a really nice handle material.

That was the last of that particular mosaic pin material, the rest of what I have is brass oriented- major clashing. (looks great on wenge, though)

I actually like this style of knife fits me heck under 8" which makes it practical to carry, etc. But what is the price on this knife?

Back