The Silence of The Lambsfoot

Just saw your GA. I'm in, I've yet to experience the pleasures of a lambsfoot.

Mallory%20knife%204_zpspkxcp27l.jpg

This is the knife you should make on your second run Jack. ;)

Merry Christmas to all.

14818883787_7a3c394660_c.jpg

Excuse me for dredging up this old thread, folks!! It's the early days of Lambfoot awareness for me, and a few steps back from where we are now on the subject!! A lot of Lambfoot knives have passed under/over the bridge into eager pockets!! And many tales to tell - worth a read I found, despite some missing pictures!!;)

Excuse me for dredging up this old thread, folks!! It's the early days of Lambfoot awareness for me, and a few steps back from where we are now on the subject!! A lot of Lambfoot knives have passed under/over the bridge into eager pockets!! And many tales to tell - worth a read I found, despite some missing pictures!!;)

It's a shame about the missing photos Charlie :( Haven't things moved on a lot since this thread though?! :eek: :cool: :thumbsup:

Here's the knife this thread originally related to :thumbsup:

oIjXU9H.jpg

qDOhPEB.jpg

Haven't things moved on a lot since this thread though?! :eek: :cool:
They certainly have!! On a long and interesting path!! I for one have enjoyed it, even with its ups and downs!! And I enjoy the knives you have provided along this path!!:thumbsup:
Thanks for showing that (now older) knife, Jack!!:)

Thanks for the trip to Malton, Jack!
You always bring us right into the picture with your great descriptions of your adventures!!
Allow me to add my lonesome Lambfoot to your great thread;
Lambfoot_zps67f03276.jpg

JRodgersBoneB_zps41db5dba.jpg

LambTang2_zpsd27b755d.jpg

LambTang_zps917a91f9.jpg

Not that old but nicely made, I think.

How many have you got now Charlie?! :D :thumbsup:

Yes, Jack!! It's still the prize, IMO! It was a large part of those things which influenced my WCL design!!:cool: It also inspired Bill at GEC to go ahead with the project!!;)

Yes, Jack!! It's still the prize, IMO! It was a large part of those things which influenced my WCL design!!:cool: It also inspired Bill at GEC to go ahead with the project!!;)

Fantastic Charlie, you can definitely see that :) A very special knife :) :thumbsup:

Jack, thanks for inspiring me to collect vintage Lambsfoot knives :thumbsup::thumbsup: This TEW is the origin of my passion for the pattern. I bought this with intentions of having the covers replaced and making it a user. At the time I had no clue it was an unusual blade combination and Lambsfoot. Thanks to you and the others who encouraged me to preserve it in its original condition. Apologies for the recycled (many times) picture.
4iVbrxC.jpg

Jack, thanks for inspiring me to collect vintage Lambsfoot knives :thumbsup::thumbsup: This TEW is the origin of my passion for the pattern. I bought this with intentions of having the covers replaced and making it a user. At the time I had no clue it was an unusual blade combination and Lambsfoot. Thanks to you and the others who encouraged me to preserve it in its original condition. Apologies for the recycled (many times) picture.
4iVbrxC.jpg
Dam, I want one of those.

4iVbrxC.jpg
Great to see that TEW again Rob !!!! I am glad that you maintained it as the original .

Harry

4iVbrxC.jpg

You have quite a collection of treasures my friend :) :thumbsup:

I have a question regarding lambsfoot knives. Given the shameful facts regarding A. Wrights blatant lack of morals I am loathe of further purchases from them. As such, would a knife with a reground blade from a traditional barlow to a lambsfoot be considered a lambsfoot or a pseudo lambsfoot. This would be done for knives I use and would not sell.

I have a question regarding lambsfoot knives. Given the shameful facts regarding A. Wrights blatant lack of morals I am loathe of further purchases from them. As such, would a knife with a reground blade from a traditional barlow to a lambsfoot be considered a lambsfoot or a pseudo lambsfoot. This would be done for knives I use and would not sell.

Interesting question. A few folks have modded other blades into Lambsfoot blades, or had them modded professionally. They often don't look quite right in my opinion. A common problem seems to be the loss of the nail-nick. Of course, they also mean the 'loss' of what may be a perfectly good knife. If you decide to go down this road, you'd be well-advised to choose your 'donor knife' carefully :) I wouldn't buy a knife from Wright's again either, but there are other options available, and as the popularity of the pattern increases, we'll hopefully see more made in the US, and possibly elsewhere :thumbsup:

I think this Outdoor Edge knife has been discontinued (though there seem to be plenty still around). While it has a parallel edge and spine, it was sold in the UK as a Lambsfoot (though not elsewhere, so far as I know), and might make an inexpensive project :thumbsup:

41GggnZJivL._AC_SX466_.jpg

I recently bought two "lambfoot" from Wrights of Sheffield, I didn't know that. o_O

Back