The sound of pain...

JV Knives

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
You come home to THUMP...THUMP...THUMP...in the drier as your wife is doing laundry and you remember that last nihht, you were carrying your beautiful PM2 DLC with a shiny new black clip on her. I'm afraid to look...

Do your own laundry. It may not stop it from happening but at least you won't have anyone to blame but yourself. I had a Pacific salt partially go through a dry cycle once (took it out when I noticed the noise). It was just fine.

Last edited:
I tried washing, and the wife chastised me pretty good. I'm a communications tech and always forget to take the small parts, screws out of the pockets. She gets so pissed when that happens. Good luck with the PM2.

My guess is the clip will be the only thing that shows any wear. If you want one that stays shiny and new looking forever, you can always get one powdercoated.

Turned out ok.
I have had several go through the washing machine.

Going 4 a "distressed" look?

Fortunately, I do my own laundry. Have since I was 10.

Pretty impressed with the MXG clip powder coat. After some oil, you can’t really tell at all. The rest of the knife stayed in the pocket, so no other marks. I think the wife was more relived than me

By the way, we have a lot more pro-self laundry folks here than I imagined. My wife doesn’t have to work and we have only dogs at home. I would trade for the laundry deal.

I do all our washing so no 1 to blame but me:D
Pretty impressed with the MXG clip powder coat. After some oil, you can’t really tell at all. The rest of the knife stayed in the pocket, so no other marks. I think the wife was more relived than me

By the way, we have a lot more pro-self laundry folks here than I imagined. My wife doesn’t have to work and we have only dogs at home. I would trade for the laundry deal.
Yeah it would be alright if just the 2, I've got teenagers:eek::oops:

IMHO, it has that cool, slightly battle-damaged look. As others have said, at least it’s clean now. Just make sure the thing’s bone dry to avoid rust.

Back