The Strange Tyranny of the Green Box

Ad...*I* call Yvsa by Edutsi...he calls *me* Uwinv. But then...modern life takes it's toll and neither of us calls the other often enough. Thank goodness for email, the forum and spirit travel!

e du tsi - Uncle

http://www.cohanna.com/uv.htm

Nasty & Yvsa, this is one tough language- please forgive my transposition.

So "Edutsi" is Uncle....

how come when I look up "Nephew" on that same site, it gives me the (unpronounceable-by-me) word "Vgiwina" for Nephew?

No jokes please on that last spelling- i didn't make it up... I'm afraid to even post a smily, no kidding.

So "Uwinv" is... if not nephew?

Ad Astra (slow day at work)

afraid to ask what my spirit name might be... "nearly-extinct-cat-with-knives-sticking-out-of-ears"

Ad Astra said:
Ha, check it Norm- I had a chiclet in my pocket.

Also, I've been meaning to tell you- awhile back mentioned the .45 Marlin Camp Carbine- told you to put the new rubber recoil buffer in it but FORGOT to tell you I beefed up the recoil spring with the heavier one from Wolff Gunsprings, another company whose products I heavily believe in.

Just slipped my mind.... owned you a gum for that.

Ad Astra

Thanks Ad! That makes sense. I use their gunsprings in my 1911 and swear by them, but didn't know they even made one for the CC. I will for sure check that out.

Regards,

Norm

Well I don't know if it was Josh or me that bumped Ad Astra up too two chicklets but he is there.:cool:
Tried to bump you up too two also Norm, but guess I don't pack enough wallop yet.:(
I think a rep point by me means 10 or 11 for the one I give it too, but I'm not sure. Some of the guys in The Cove and in Whine & Cheese has been gracious enough to think some of my posts were worth a point or two.:cool:
I'm very grateful.:D
I need 3 more too make 250! ;)

Edit:....
Uwinv in my very, very, old Cherokee to English- English to Cherokee dictionary Uwinv is listed as nephew.
There are several dialects. Originally there were three when we all lived in the Home Country but since the trail where we cried there are even more, plus the Cherokee slang.:rolleyes:

What happens at 250, your head pop open? Hey Yvsa, are the green squares automatic at a certain count reached?

How many squares can there be? Will it form another line after 5 or 6?

Can you exchange these squares for guns or knives at some point?

munk

I believe you get a square for each hundred points. After around 700, you start getting bright green squares after every two hundred points until you have a row of 11--6 bright green, 5 duller green. After that, you get more points, but not more squares. You can't trade them in for anything; they're completely meaningless, just loads of fun :D

Wahoo!

MANY thanks Yvsa, Josh, munk, raghorn (who liked my music link to http://www.consortiumofgenius.com/) and anyone else...

The whole thing is about giving- I've expended all chiclets in the past few days on those I have learned from & got laughs from. Some people really deserve for their learned contributions & great reviews- wish I could give more.

And behold! Spend all yours, and something nice happens....

Yvsa & Josh, your's seem to pack a bigger punch- like 12 pts? Not sure.

And to think I thought my life was really on the rocks... this changes everything! Some others have bumped up too since this great thread started.

Smoke sent tonight for those tossing around rep pts. & knowledge in general.

Ad Astra

Brought a bag full of candy home yesterday and showed my wife. Just now went looking and the pack of 12 chiclets already had 8 missing. If I hadn't gone looking now it would have been all gone tomorrow. And most of both rolls of Necco wafers too!

You've created a monster with this thread, Munk.

On the plus side, it seems that everyone's sporting a bit more green these days...

Yes BUT it is a monster that got us onto a kind and yes even here a loving thread.

*sniff* *sniff*

A request though, my wife is suffering from a fungal infection. Could I ask for some smoke?

You're serious so is the smoke.

Take good care of her. Prayers tonight.

munk

Smoke and prayers for all those in need of them.

yes...thank goodness....definitely more warm-n-fuzzy round here....and I ain't complainin.....:D

Hey! I had a red chiclet in my user CP for p!$$ing someone off. Had a nasty comment with it too. Now it's gone, but I can still see earlier comments from others so I know it didn't fall off the end of the list.

Can people retract chiclets, or is there a Good Chiclet Fairy who is looking after me and eating my red chiclets?

I dunno, Howard, I don't think a 'chiclet' can be retracted.

It appears to me a majority of folks are going to call these things chiclets. I don't like chicles. A chiclet is a 16 year old girl popping chiclets and pimples.

girls liked chiclets, was my impression in the 60's, guys chewed bubble gum . I never chewed nothing so what do I know?

But life is strange, out of my control, and I'll be double dogged darned watching you all talk about these things calling them 'chiclets'.
I'll blame Rusty for this one.

munk

Back