The Strange Tyranny of the Green Box

ALERT ALERT ALERT

Dan is right. Go to the other forums; we're going to look like those South American Generals with their brand new uniforms decorated with several lines of medals and citations the latest Coup hasn't even been in office long enough to issue. !!

What I mean is, most of us have way too many cacti!!!

....well, I suppose it will even out; other forumites have their own 'home' turf where they can recieve awards all day long.
But for a time, anyway, everyone from HI is gonna look like were all MEDAL OF HONOR winners....

Yee gads I'm laughing so har..rd my two yyear old is staring at me in conern,,,

munk

I told myslef I would hand out rep points for brave, wise, kind, or helpful.

Then someone says something so d#*n funny, I can't help myself.

munk's right, but there are so many worthys here....

it's not like these points are redeemable, except in spirit.

The free knives at 250+ sounded good, tho.

Do we not respect our peers- and pay homage to our betters?

(and if they're not actually "betters" it's a turn of a phrase)

Ad Astra

Thomas? Are you still around? No one's listening.

Look. I got it. Let's find someone who's been here ...like a week, and gang up on him and give him 10 green cacti, and then send him out into the rest of Bladeforums like a GOD or some incognito Hollywood actor...

oghGod this is so funny

munk

OK
Rusty gave me a better idea. Bill started this place. He was the pin point of Light that all this circled around until it could grow on its own. Let's give him some water.

munk

sheesh...I been running a comedy show here this evening....and still no bonus greens....

"bupkiss"......is that what they say?

:D :eek: :p

take 'er easy on me, y'all....

hey...I'm just glad I finally got my custom title "shpeel-chect".....:rolleyes:

(how embarassing.....:()

munk - I can almost guarantee that Bill doesn't want (or need) it.....;)

And just think....with his 33,000+ posts and having been here since "the beginning"...he could send us all to the limit real fast....we might not make a dent on his though.....:(

I think I'm going to have to start trying other forums soon...I can't seem to toss any chiclets around here anymore - I must spread more reputation around first, evidently.

Or I broke it - always a possibility with me.

Dan

I recieved a gray box today. That means the person did not have enough 'manna' to give me water?

munk

Yep...I have two of those too....if your rep gets high and their's is low, it won't count it.

that's a good thing, though....a brand new guy could trash somebody very easily if he just signed up 10 different accounts.........see where I'm going with this? no need to spell it out...

Let's keep this place clean...

and GREEN!

:D :p

Someone just gave me a red box from this thread. Would you tell me why?

Annon.

munk

If you upgrade to platinum membership you get to see the name of every user who leaves you rep.

Too bad there's no plutonium membership.

I don't give red boxes. I figure I'll always explain to someone what I disagreed with and why.

You're right Dan- let's keep it green.

Thanks Rag.

munk

Red ones should only be used in extreme cases, such as giving a rep-point blanket party. It's a heady responsibility, not to be taken lightly. :p

raghorn said:
Red ones should only be used in extreme cases, such as giving a rep-point blanket party. It's a heady responsibility, not to be taken lightly. :p

How far down does it go, and what are the repercussions?

The most red chiclets I've seen anyone sporting is two. Seems like most folks who go red end up banned before long.

I didn't know about this system a week ago. When the political stuff hit I'm sure I got a lot of red boxes. Wish I knew then.

munk

Oh my God I don't have enough rep!!!! :eek:

Oh my God I have too much rep; what am I going to do with it all?!?!?!?!?:eek:

:p

It's just green boxes, people; have fun with it for goodness sake. Real Reputation in the Cantina is water drawn from a different well entirely. Would someone like Kismet or Yvsa be any less a water-bearer if they had a whole row of red cacti? (That was a rhetorical question; I'm not going to answer it :rolleyes: ;) )

Back