The Sunday Picture Show... (10-1-2017) . . . Old Show Look at The DATE...

Yes, the Oktoberfest makes a lot of fun. 1986 - that's a long time ago. But I was there in in this year too. That's funny. I was living and working in Munich at this time.

Haebbie
I was living in Morfeldon just outside Frankfurt between 86 and 88. Loved it there.

Mörfelden-Walldorf, close in the south of the Frankfurt airport. Makael, have you been stationed at the Frankfurt air base?

Haebbie

I had a 3 month Euro rail pass in 1976 and went thru Germany 3 or 4 times including Munich during October fest. I had never tasted radishes that were so hot no amount of beer could cool it down. ..The arm in arm singing was big fun even tho I was drunk and did not know what I was doing! It was to this day the very best beer I've ever had. .

Mörfelden-Walldorf, close in the south of the Frankfurt airport. Makael, have you been stationed at the Frankfurt air base?

Haebbie
Yep. Firefighter in the air force. Half the crew were German civilians. So much fun watching ww2 movies with them.

Beer was insane good. Beer men would bring wooden cases of beer on base and deliver to the dorm rooms.

I drove a 1972 olds , always got lots of looks on the autobahn.

Not many people liked the fire chief. Cigar smoking fool.It was our duty to clean all the offices every night. So one night I open the door to the chiefs office and I hear (shut the damn door). So I flip on the lights and there was one of my friends with his pants down putting every cigar in his butt before putting them back in the box. Well every morning at role call there was the chief walking around chewing on them cigars. Omg........................new meaning when someone tells you smell like ass when you smoke them. Lol

Last edited:
I had a 3 month Euro rail pass in 1976 and went thru Germany 3 or 4 times including Munich during October fest. I had never tasted radishes that were so hot no amount of beer could cool it down. ..The arm in arm singing was big fun even tho I was drunk and did not know what I was doing! It was to this day the very best beer I've ever had. .

Europe by train for young people and for peanuts, that was Euro Rail. And a lot of railways from north to south are going through Munich. No wonder that you stopped for visiting the Oktoberfest. To eat Rettich (radish) is a must. with a lot of salt. But also Brezeln (prezels you call) or Hendl (grilled chicken) or Schweinshaxe (grilled pork knuckle) and Krautsalat (you understand?). The Beer is always a special brewed "Festbier" (Celebrations Beer?) It has more wort than the standard beer and a few more Alcohol. I like this beer a lot. It is hard to stop drinking when you started with your first "Maß" (Mass, one litre). Nice you have been here, in Germany and there in Munich and in Europe. I think it was an adventure for you like for me to stay in the USA. Do you attand ot the BCCI anniversary meeting next year?

Haebbie

Last edited:
Yep. Firefighter in the air force. Half the crew were German civilians. So much fun watching ww2 movies with them.

Beer was insane good. Beer men would bring wooden cases of beer on base and deliver to the dorm rooms.

I drove a 1972 olds , always got lots of looks on the autobahn.

Not many people liked the fire chief. Cigar smoking fool.It was our duty to clean all the offices every night. So one night I open the door to the chiefs office and I hear (shut the damn door). So I flip on the lights and there was one of my friends with his pants down putting every cigar in his butt before putting them back in the box. Well every morning at role call there was the chief walking around chewing on them cigars. Omg........................new meaning when someone tells you smell like ass when you smoke them. Lol

The ugly and stupid Germans in the old American WWII movies - I can believe you all had a lot of fun. And yes, Frankfurt had and has a good beer. Hessen (Hessia?), the State of Frankfurt, is a wine and cider country. So the brewer have to produce a good stuff to strive against the wine and apple wine. Some say the Hessian beer is better than the Bavarian beer. I don't know, when I am in Hessia I drink wine, no beer.

That is a funny story with your chief. From ass to ass. what kind of cigar did he smoke that he doesnt smell that there anything crappy has been happened to his cigars? Delicious! I think he loved his special flavoured hand rolled Havanas. Holy crap!

Haebbie

Harbie, you know I do the show every Sunday. I've been doing it for almost 7 years this year I believe or close. I think you're two 110 gold Edge knives are just as good as mine if not better I've always liked those two gold etched blades. Thank you for posting just about every Sunday. I really appreciate it and I'm sure everybody that post or reads on the Sunday Picture Show look forward to seeing what you're going to share with us. You have an amazing collection for living in Germany. We sometimes have a hard time finding any knives in Oregon. San Diego no problems. Anyway thanks again for sharing. Your friend Armand

Thank you, Armand, für your kind words. "Hey every one post a picture of one knife or one picture with lots of knives... It's up to you, an old picture or a new one... This is the Sunday knife picture Show... Every Sunday share.... :thumbup:" That was in April 2010. My first post in the Sunday Picture Show, was in September 2010. I think I never missed to post in "the Greatest Show on Earth". Never. Seven years, every week, the credit beongs to you. You have to get a big decoration from Buck knives. Thank you, once more, for your ongonig work. This is your baby and everybody here in the forum appreciates a lot what you have done all the time. Do you attend to the Anniversary meeting of the BCCI next Summer?

Haebbie

Last edited:
Europe by train for young people and for peanuts, that was Euro Rail. And a lot of railways from north to south are going through Munich. No wonder that you stopped for visiting the Oktoberfest. To eat Rettich (radish) is a must. with a lot of salt. But also Brezeln (prezels you call) or Hendl (grilled chicken) or Schweinshaxe (grilled pork knuckle) and Krautsalat (you understand?). The Beer is always a special brewed "Festbier" (Celebrations Beer?) It has more wort than the standard beer and a few more Alcohol. I like this beer a lot. It is hard to stop drinking when you started with your first "Maß" (Mass, one litre). Nice you have been here, in Germany and there in Munich and in Europe. I think it was an adventure for you like for me to stay in the USA. Do you attand ot the BCCI anniversary meeting next year?

Haebbie
Yep. I live 6 minutes from the Buck factory. I will be at the BCCI gathering for sure with bells on. Look forward to meeting some of the people on here.

If your coming one of the stops that must be made is to Visit the Brewery No-Li here in Spokane. A great beer and burger.........

The first time I ever had a beer buzz was in 8th grade on a school field trip to the German Orphanage home in Maryland October fest in 1968 ..I took 1 year of German . There was 4 beer trucks parked with taps running down the side of the trucks. I was almost 6 foot tall and chubby then and no one was checking I'Ds so I walked right up and put down my 50 cents for a big cup. I repeated that about 6 times for myself and 3 or 4 for friends. .To this day I can't remember what brand of beer it was only it looked kinda dark..

Back