The Sunday Picture Show... (10-20-2019) . . . (OLD Show Look at the DATE...)

Got my venison stew going and dropped an EDC in my pocket for a stay-at-home day. OH
Ps 2TONYB - are you making a deer blind or a waterfowl blind?
Venison-ham-1-1-2-lbs.jpg

Venison-browning.jpg

Buck-303-Cadet-Camillus-1980.jpg
I like how you brown the venison up in the cast iron frying pan ,nothing better in my opinion,should be some delicious stew!

Deer blind for archery. It's on the edge of a cornfield bordering a small wood lot. On the other side of the wood lot is a wetland that the deer enjoy. The wood lot is in the background (my son last year).
Congrats!
Nice deer. Nice rack.
Look at the size of his neck.....Very cool.
That qualifies as a buck in the picture......
Good for you!

Good Sunday afternoon everyone!
Been very busy this year. Decided to post at least one photo to the Sunday Picture Show before I leave on my next trip.

This was built by and given to me by George Stinzel.
It is a 50th Anniversary 110 frame with a 25th Anniversary 110 blade, sitting on a 25th Anniversary mug. Whew! :)

GYXD0qn.jpg

George knows 110s better than anyone I know of.

Hope everyone is well! I'll be gone on this next trip for 3 to 4 months.
I know Armand will keep things happening here.
Good to see all the familiar names here and some new ones. :thumbsup:

Happy SPS everyone! It's deer season in Kentucky. Early muzzle loader this weekend.
I was suffering some sciatic back pain and had no intention of shooting and butchering anything this weekend. Didn't stop me from spending yesterday in my blind. Surrounded by deer all day. Must have known they were safe.
Buck on the left and his harem on the right.

Checked the cameras and a couple of young guys have been going at it day and night for the last 2 weeks.

Then this tank shows up.

Daylight

I did have my 2 line 118 in my pack, and as usual my S90V 110 on my belt.

I gave my cousin a 101 3 years ago. He loved the knife but after cleaning one deer, he gave it back and asked my to put finger grooves is in or something to give it more traction because it was slick. It took me almost 2 years to make the time to do anything, so I made it special with some ram's horn. I didnt get a photo before giving it back, but he used it last night on his first doe of the season and was super happy with it. Finally got a photo of it. Deer blood and hair and a happy hunter!

Good Sunday afternoon everyone!
Been very busy this year. Decided to post at least one photo to the Sunday Picture Show before I leave on my next trip.

This was built by and given to me by George Stinzel.
It is a 50th Anniversary 110 frame with a 25th Anniversary 110 blade, sitting on a 25th Anniversary mug. Whew! :)

GYXD0qn.jpg

George knows 110s better than anyone I know of.

Hope everyone is well! I'll be gone on this next trip for 3 to 4 months.
I know Armand will keep things happening here.
Good to see all the familiar names here and some new ones. :thumbsup:

I’m really pleased you’re back again.

haebbie

I knew I had a knife in my collection with that same etch that Armand showed earlier. Took a while to find it but here is a 422 with the same running deer etch. Armand's 124 can be found on the 1986 special projects list and there is a 424 listed in 1985. Being on the special projects list tells us that the etch was factory. There was no indication of who they were done for. /Roger

View attachment 1216503 View attachment 1216504

Fascinating bit of Buck history.

Deer blind for archery. It's on the edge of a cornfield bordering a small wood lot.

Archery season didn't get this one.

There was a fellow from here, maybe 35 years ago, who had a blind and called a big bull in. When the bull was maybe 20 feet away, he was snorting, pissing, and pawing the ground. The archer's adrenaline was so high that he could barely hold steady enough for a shot. He managed though and the rack scored really high in the record.

Bert

https://www.wideopenspaces.com/wyom...mTmqvEs6SP1_50XMJDMOGzvMhflqS0sMGHfZE5lewEdkw

Last edited:
Back