The Sunday Picture Show... (6-7-2020) . . . (OLD Show look at the DATE...)

Hi to All of you Nuts, Buck Nuts that is! Thank you to each of you who participate in Armand's weekly event with fantastic photos for everyone to enjoy.

I know it's no longer 6/6. However, this is for D-day that date was missed by one day.

Happy SPS, great knives, amazing goodness going on here today. :)

Buck%2BVanguard%2B192%2BMay%2B2020%2BBOM%2B18.jpg

Buck%2BVanguard%2B192%2BMay%2B2020%2BBOM%2B16.jpg

Buck%2BVanguard%2B192%2BMay%2B2020%2BBOM%2B17.jpg
I missed out on this

It's nice here 73 and low humidity.
Just chicken breasts. But grilled burgers are one of my favorites.

Sprayed the yard for mosquito's, so I can enjoy the back yard again.
Sorry about your rain. Sometimes a good thunderstorm is enjoyable if your ducks are all safe....

Raining out so inside it is
Oil and cleaned these up some today
Buck 112 DP Blue Indigo with nickel silver bolster
Buck 112 DP with G10 handle 5160 steel
Buck 112 DP Ebony
Buck 112 Standard Ebony
Buck 112 Standard 1986ish 425m steel ?
Buck 112 Standard Finger Groove Lam Wood

ITE, thanks for always being there. I missed the last SPS and my week was lacking! Some utility locator miss-marked Century Link's buried cable...took six days to find and fix it. I had no phone or internet in that time. My cell phone worked some but being in a rural area service was spotty, and still couldn't connect to the internet.

Today I have a 315 that I found some months ago. For some reason I can't remember, I decided to recover it myself and took it all apart...bad decision. It didn't take me long to realize that I would never get it back together, let alone recover it. Now, not only did I want to save this 315, I wanted it better than before. I called Leroy, endured his wrath and asked that he put it back together and recover it in Ram's horn, my favorite.

Here it is before and after, thanks Leroy, you do wonders!
Nc5MdSt.jpg

iWjpulY.jpg

UdLMm8P.jpg

hS0z0as.jpg

z7DndNO.jpg

Muwi90M.jpg

Wow Leroy always does a great job. It came out beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Took this picture last summer. Judging by the date, I don't think I posted it. This is a take apart Aluminum club knife with some of the old Selector blades that it can utilize.View attachment 1354551

Old or new pictures we like them all. That's pretty cool. Does it take the little selector piece to hold the blades in or they just fit just right and won't fall out. Never try to use a select your blade on a 186. Thanks for sharing

Old or new pictures we like them all. That's pretty cool. Does it take the little selector piece to hold the blades in or they just fit just right and won't fall out. Never try to use a select your blade on a 186. Thanks for sharing[/QUOTE
When you use an old Selector blade on the Model 186, you have to put a bushing in the key shaped hole. The Aluminum knife has a built in pivot post that requires no bushing.

Another Scouting related knife. 50th Anniversary of Philmont in 1988. Recent controversy is the Boy Scouts took out a mortgage on Philmont to raise money to cover sexual abuse litigation costs. Internal squabbling is that this move was done without consulting the oversight committee who felt it violated terms of the original gift of the property. I believe summer 2020 programs have been cancelled due to the pandemic. I've been led to understand that the 'E' on the pyle side meant this was an employee knife.

View attachment 1354364 View attachment 1354365 View attachment 1354366
Nice, I hike Philmont on the 30th anniversary. And yes we climbed Mt Badly! Didn't get a knife though. Also wore out a brand pair of boots.

Back