The Sunday Picture Show... (9-17-2017) . . . OLD Show look at the DATE...

Nice score... what's the saying... Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in awhile....

Well, my most recent gamble was a segua 112 listed as "never sharpened". I should have interpreted that as "never sharpened properly". In hindsight the pictures told the story, I don't know why I didn't look at them....

Last edited:
:)

That was not a gamble.......that was a case of you disregarding some available evidence because you wanted the knife to be what you wanted it to be.

Badly wanted it to be what you wanted it to be. Forced it.

I've done that too......been there, done that, bought the T-Shirt.

:)

Paid dearly for that T-Shirt.

Nice, does the tray fit in a cabinet? You are going to need 2 trays soon, one for fiber and the other for micarta.

Roger, that's not really a tray. It's an old box I made about 30 years ago and it needs reconditioning. It used to stand upright but now it will lie flat. I have gotten around to making a new lid and will have to put a finish on it. It's deep enough that I think I can get two lift out trays in it. Not as fancy as some of my other knife boxes, but it will serve the purpose.

Bert

Last edited:
On another note... Armond... can we drop the "NEW Show look at the DATE..." on our beloved SPS? I remember a time when you didn't need to remind somebody to not post pictures of stone handled knives on old threads. Lol! It was simpler back then.

Not sure if I care about the titles but it is annoying when old threads get drug forward. Perhaps it would be better if Armand locked the old picture show when he starts a new one. Would certainly be easier than editing the titles. That gives everyone a week to speak their mind.... after that.... time to move on. I know with all the years I've hung out here I've accidentally posted on the wrong show when an old one was brought to the top.

Pictures of stone handled knives...?? Whoever could you mean?? ;o)

Well we had a great show everyone. I want to thank everybody for sharing some wonderful knives and great photos. Thanks again.

About locking the thread I cannot do that because I am not a gold member. Maybe we can get 300 to lock the threads after we're done with it. Let's say by Tuesday that should give everybody time to answer any questions that people ask them about their knife or??? So let us know 300 if you can do that. How does that sound everyone... ITE

Well we had a great show everyone. I want to thank everybody for sharing some wonderful knives and great photos. Thanks again.

About locking the thread I cannot do that because I am not a gold member. Maybe we can get 300 to lock the threads after we're done with it. Let's say by Tuesday that should give everybody time to answer any questions that people ask them about their knife or??? So let us know 300 if you can do that. How does that sound everyone... ITE

I wouldn't lock it until you post the next weeks show.That way members have all week to reply.

It's not that often a old SPS or thread is resurrected and if it is you can just ignore it easy enough. I know I like to go thru old thread's for the one's I've missed and when I'm researching a model to buy or in fact just to look at. I'm uneasy to bring a thread back more than a few weeks old because I see one's who have get fussed at for doing it. . I think we are one of best self-regulating forms on the Web and probably the most friendly to folks dropping by. We do keep it intresting!

It's not that often a old SPS or thread is resurrected and if it is you can just ignore it easy enough. I know I like to go thru old thread's for the one's I've missed and when I'm researching a model to buy or in fact just to look at....

Locking a thread merely prevents new posts to it. The thread is still fully available for review & research.

Back