The Sunday Picture Show (April 18, 2021)

DeSotoSky

Gold Member
0000 Sunday Picture Show 1024X label.jpg
Hello and welcome to the Sunday Picture Show. Share your Buck knives with others by posting pictures of them here. New or old, plain or custom, user or safe queen, one or a collection, we love to see them all. This weekly tradition was started in 2010 by ItsTooEarly (Armand Hernandez) and Oregon (Steve Dunn). Help keep the tradition alive. Feel free to click that 'LIKE' but lets not let it replace discussing and complimenting each others knives. Above all, enjoy the show. DeSotoSky (Roger Yost)

I had it all planned out, this week I was going to have a pair of Strider folders. Turns out they were camera shy. So I closed my eyes and plucked a random box off the shelf, it was a model 301 in Remington disguise. Nickel silver bullet inlay on green Dymondwood (or is it Dymalux now?). There was a second limited edition version of this knife, sterling silver bullet inlay on white micarta scales. The Buck & Remington collaboration only lasted 3 years. 2018 was based on the 500, 2019 was the 532, and in 2020 was this 301.

addendum- There were other knives in the collaboration but to my observation they were based on Bucks import offerings. The 3 mentioned above were the only USA models

addendum- The end of the collaboration was due to Remington's bankruptcy. Ruger purchased the Marlin brand line for $30 million. I like Rugers and I like Marlins. Will this combination be as good as a Reese's?

Remington.301.Green 003.JPG Remington.301.Green 004.JPG Remington.301.Green 005.JPG Remington.301.Green 006.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks DeSotoSky DeSotoSky and all participants.
301 and 303,
Qrhnrpr.jpg

ETA: No bullet knives...

Last edited:
And... another "bullet knife" - R0032-B.

Great narrative on the Remington knives there DeSotoSky!

So... if Remington made Marlins are called "Remlins", what does it make these knives... Buckingtons ??? ;)

I have faith that Marlin will be done right by Ruger... they can't possibly do any worse than Remington. I won't be calling them "Ruglins".

lGLoDZPh.jpg

Last edited:
addendum- The end of the collaboration was due to Remington's bankruptcy. Ruger purchased the Marlin brand line for $30 million. I like Rugers and I like Marlins. Will this combination be as good as a Reese's?

I have never felt much need for the 300 series knives, but between your bullet 301 and DavidMartin's 317 I am thinking I have been missing something.

Much respect for Ruger and happy about their acquisition of Marlin. I have several Ruger firearms and a few Marlins. I have little doubt a better outcome for Marlin could have occurred when Remington imploded.

I’ve always thought of Sturm, Ruger & Co., the same way I think of Buck Knives - family owned and high value offerings for the money asked. I feel certain that Marlin will thrive under Ruger ownership. Nice opening to the SPS today, I have two Buck Knives with the Paperstone grips. OH
Buck_301_-_Boone_&_Crockett.jpg

Buck-110-Eco-Lite-2013.jpg

My most frequently carried Ruger (shown here with my oldest Buck 112 Ranger) the revolver is an early two-pin Super Blackhawk (44 REM MAG) thats barrel has been long cut-back from 7-1/2” to 5-5/8”. I have used this as my woods-bumming handgun for about eight years now, used to have a black nylon Uncle Mikes shoulder holster for it but recently bought a Denali from D&D Holsters in Alaska - the new one is a chest holster and perfect for keeping the gun handy but out of the way. OH
Ruger-SBH-Buck-112-HSB-Cattle-knife-woods-tools.jpg

Denali-chest-holster.jpg

Back