The Sunday Picture Show (November 28, 2021)

DeSotoSky

Gold Member
1024 Sunday Picture Show label.jpg
Hello and welcome to the Sunday Picture Show. Share your Buck knives with others by posting pictures of them here. New or old, plain or custom, user or safe queen, one or a collection, we love to see them all. This weekly tradition was started in 2010 by ItsTooEarly (Armand Hernandez) and Oregon (Steve Dunn). Help keep the tradition alive. Feel free to click that 'LIKE' but lets not let it replace discussing and complimenting each others knives. Above all, enjoy the show. DeSotoSky (Roger Yost)

Some turkeys for this weeks show. Top down, a 525, 521, and a 424.
The 424 is c.1989 (1 of 1000)
I took the picture of the wild turkeys on my property in De Soto, MO from the barn door. The boys are trying so hard and she isn't even looking.

BuckTurkeys006.jpgTurkeysatDeSoto018.jpg

Last edited:
Greetings,
phTLIUL.jpg

C Chilebrown I like the interesting/unusual markings on your 110. Have any backstory you can share about the knife?
This is a four dot Buck 110 acquired from the Richard Matheny collection. What makes this knife unique is the engraving on the bolster, handle (with white paint) and blade. It was a sample used to experiment with different engraving fonts and configurations for future projects. Mr. Matheny acquired this knife when he was doing research for the “Special Projects List” which can be found on the BCCI website.

I am a turkey hunter and I prefer a Buck 121 over all the others I've tried when cleaning a wild turkey. Trouble is I only kill one or two birds per season and while GPyro's 539 looks like it would work very nicely, there is not enough time or money in a lifetime to try them all. OH
Buck_121_Fisherman_(late).jpg

Buck-121-cleaning-turkey-2017.jpg

Back