The Sunday Picture Show (September 12, 2021)

Hi All & Happy JSPS (James's Sunday Picture Show),

Thank you to James & everyone who participates in these weekly events! You folks have shared some very unique Bucks so far today. Each Buck knife is a true working tool made to tackle cutting jobs (if you decide to use it or not). Here is a nice 110 for todays show.

Joe Houser is a wonderful person. An asset to Buck Knives, he was there, thirty-seven years! He moderated this forum for many years and freely shared his time and knowledge with those of us on the forum. The BBCI has him to thank for many excellent articles that he wrote on the history of Buck Knives, individual models and persons that made collecting Buck knives so enjoyable.
While at the 30th Anniversary I met Joe and ask about stacked leather handles. In the course of the conversation I mentioned that if they made any in the future I would buy them. He ask what I wanted and I told him a 192. He said he would see what he could do. Maybe two hours later he saw me and said my knife was in a box in the store. I was so surprised I was almost speechless. I thanked him profusely and promptly went to pick this up...
One of my most prized possessionsšŸ˜Š
QnWp7WF.jpg

ROr9ssN.jpg

87ejElU.jpg

CwAsEZo.jpg

Joe Houser is a wonderful person. An asset to Buck Knives, he was there, thirty-seven years! He moderated this forum for many years and freely shared his time and knowledge with those of us on the forum. The BBCI has him to thank for many excellent articles that he wrote on the history of Buck Knives, individual models and persons that made collecting Buck knives so enjoyable.
While at the 30th Anniversary I met Joe and ask about stacked leather handles. In the course of the conversation I mentioned that if they made any in the future I would buy them. He ask what I wanted and I told him a 192. He said he would see what he could do. Maybe two hours later he saw me and said my knife was in a box in the store. I was so surprised I was almost speechless. I thanked him profusely and promptly went to pick this up...
QnWp7WF.jpg

ROr9ssN.jpg

87ejElU.jpg

CwAsEZo.jpg
that is a beautiful knife there. just super.

Preston - That is one super nice leather spacer 192. They should put that into production or at least a Buck of the Month. Your story tops the knife though.

All the knives shown today are super examples of knives that are made at Buck Knives whether they are a Joe Houser built knife or not. Thank you all for sharing.

Everyone with a Joe Houser made knife owns a bit of Buck History and a real treasure. He has made so many super custom knives over the years it is amazing. A true craftsman.

Here is a double bladed 186 made by Joe Houser. I purchased it from Joe at his last Oregon Knife Collectors Show he attended probably about 5 years ago. Buck decided not to attend the
Oregon show after that anymore. I hope that changes.

ocZAMCB.jpg

7h3tRpF.jpg

Good work James! This is a club knife from the 2018 Reunion. The take apart Aluminum construction allows me to add Natural Linen Micarta handles, a Startled Zebra Damacus blade, and a spring holder lanyard boss. The lanyard slide has 6 Tritium vials; 3 red and 3 green.image.jpeg

QnWp7WF.jpg

ROr9ssN.jpg

87ejElU.jpg

CwAsEZo.jpg
Here ia the little brother.

What a great show we had. I really appreciate all of you guys for your participation. You guys are what makes this show of Armand's and Roger's so much fun. You guys really brought on your A+ game. Thank you all. Please feel free to continue to post more pics or comments otherwise see you all next Sunday.

Back