The Super CAK and Bonecutter

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
This popular and useful knives was made by Sgt. Khadka and his helper Kami.
But, as often happens, helpers get other ideas and leave our shop to follow
the possibility of making more money.

About three months ago, Sgt. Khadka's helper Kami left the shop to join the
Mao group. He said he can make more money posting pamphlets and
pictures for the Mao Party.

Therefore, Sgt. Khadka came to my father's shop and told the Kamis they
could make the Super CAK and Bonecutter. He would supervise the design and quality. Our
Bhakta Kami made a few Super CAK for our HI customers.

Sgt. Khadka's helper Kami may not be returning to make the Bonecutter
and Super CAK unless the Mao Communists run out of money. Time will tell if he returns
when he needs a job. For now, let's try the new Kami-made Super CAK. I will post the sales thread for Bhaka's Super CAK shortly.

11-07-11%20002.jpg

11-07-11%20003.jpg

18 inch 43 ounce Super CAK by Bhakta Kami. Satial wood handle. White metal boster, buttcap and tip.Try at $195.00 *SOLD*

Email to order

Last edited:
Thank you for giving a nice home for Bhakta's Super CAK.

Bhakta does fine work-nice looking blade indeed.

Last edited:
that is a beauty
is this going to put a set back on the custom bonecutters by Sgt himself?

Cotton Jola for $28
11-07-11%20006.jpg

11-07-11%20007.jpg

Peace T-shirt for 28 *SOLD*

11-07-11t%20008.jpg

11-07-11t%20009.jpg

Email to order

Large size
$28

Last edited:
is the Peace T-shit photo supposed to be the Kamis opening alcoholic beverages with khukuris?

If the peace t-shirt is like the one from 10/27, I'll take it. That's a cool shirt. Email sent...

sweeet...for that CAk I'd have had to break out my (don't use that card for knives again) card again

11-07-11%20002.jpg

11-07-11%20003.jpg

18 inch 43 ounce Super CAK by Bhakta Kami. Satial wood handle. White metal boster, buttcap and tip.Try at $195.00 *SOLD*

Email to order

Interesting, it looks like a Bonecutter with a fuller.

Interesting, it looks like a Bonecutter with a fuller.

Greg,

I see it's more like a stouter M-43 with an AK fuller. I have a M-43I with a fuller and compared it with the pics from Wolf and they looked very similar
Hopefully the next one that Bhakta made will be very close to this pic (~30+Oz) :

ZombieGear09001.jpg

SuperCAK2.jpg

Originally Posted by Wolf_1989
I acquired the original Super CAK from Bladite. It was an early prototype for the H.I. bonecutter...but it was not a bonecutter. It's really more of a hybridized Chiruwa Dui Chirra than an Ang Khola variant.

The original owner called it a Super CAK and the name has stuck. I'd still propose calling it the WW3 Model.

I've seen khukris since that were called Super CAK's but... no... they're not. The closest I've seen to it belongs to another forumite here and he refers to it as Chiruwa Dui Chirra, but it has a narrower blade. It's made by Sgt Khadka though.

What is a Super CAK? As I see it, it's not an Ang Khola but:

- a Chiruwa Dui Chirra with -

* wider blade like an ang khola or M43

* slightly domed pommel cap, similar to that of a chitlangi

* balance & feel somewhere between a Sirupati and an M43 - quick and aggressive!

* steel mountings without habaki bolster

* very light weight; it feels more like a smallish sword

I'm aware the Super CAK was indeed the grand-daddy of Bonecutter but the real deal has a more pronounced tip that's similar to Sirupati.
There are 2 only existed; the silent 18" and another 20.25", 30+ Oz one from Wolf_1989 (the exact one i've been asking from Sgt)

The lines of distinction are likely to be somewhat blurred between makers and types.With blades of this weight class,the "pointier"tip doesn't affect intended use for me,and the bonecutter profile is undeniably classic and unique.Appreciate the info you fellas are posting on this. Perhaps "Super Bonecutter",or AK Bonecutter would be a more appropriate designation.

Last edited:
The lines of distinction are likely to be somewhat blurred between makers and types.With blades of this weight class,the "pointier"tip doesn't affect intended use for me,and the bonecutter profile is undeniably classic and unique.Appreciate the info you fellas are posting on this. Perhaps "Super Bonecutter",or AK Bonecutter would be a more appropriate designation.

well, i for one would appreciate not blurring the lines with cross-naming/etc.

putting 4 pins in an CAK does not make it a Super-CAK. a square is not a square if you add sides. a circle is not a circle if you change the curves. yeah, i'm biased. not sorry either. form is important. that's how we know the difference from a sirupati from a chitlangi, and a GRS from a bonecutter.

the bonecutter is the bonecutter. classic and unique, as you say :)

the Super-CAK is rather unique. if they can reproduce those as with the first one that i had, i will be most pleased, and want one :> that was one knife that needed the right owner. it's not a CAK really. it's definitely not a bonecutter. it's fierce, and fast. almost a kopis, it's long, and lean, certainly a thing to be desired. wolf1989 is a lucky guy, smart, and good looking too ;)

hopefully Sgt Khadka can imprint his will upon the kamis, and do this up right proper.

I agree that the current interpretation of the Super CAK isn't what I had in mind. The main gripe I have was the weight issue. The tip (now looking like a bonecutter) is also another issue. Perhaps auntie Yangdu can try to convince the Kamis to make one like before?

Mr.Bladite-No offense intended,but since you don't offer an alternative moniker for the knife in question, and since up to this time it is unique,I will name it the AK Bonecutter.And I don't apologize for doing so_Of course, I would appreciate any reasoned input on what this knife should be named should you disagree.

Last edited:
Looks just like a Bonecutter with an ang khola to me. The shoulder angle is a little sharper, but that's a result of the ang khola forging, I would believe. Super CAK, no, BCAK, yes. I actually always thought Super CAK was sort of a misnomer. CAKs are a heavy duty, utility khuk. Don't get me wrong, I love my CAK, but it's a pint-sized (16.5") bruiser. The SCAK was a long, pointy, less curved, a little shallow bellied (maybe), angle shouldered M43 kind of khuk IIRC. Bullet proof, but agile and capable of serious combat. Maybe Combat CAK:D is appropriate. My 2 cents, even though no one asked:). Carry on.

Last edited:
My hope is that HI would honor the traditional types such as the Bonecutter, Ganga Ram, M43, etc. but, also offer customs and hybrids that are "listed as hybrids" for those that like such things.

I have a decent collection of kukri including many models from HI, Tora, CS and several of the so called Khukuri Houses and I can say this without the slightest doubt, the traditional correctly sized Bonecutter is one of the best kukri models ever built; ever... I have put my Bonecutter up against every model I own and few can even operate in the same universe. Test after test with rough daily use demonstrate that this model deserves to be placed in a category all its own and its weight and size should be preserved for future generations.

Once again, if you want to offer a hybrid of the Bonecutter that is fine but, when someone specifically orders a "Bonecutter" the same basic blade should be delivered every time (of course with the understanding that each is hand made and will have some slight differences.) And as we have seen over the last year or so, when there is no continuity of type, frustration and disappointment occurs and that cannot be good for business. The whole reason different models exist is that they do different things and fit different people.

Back