The Survive! Never Say Die! Chat Thread

Happy Independence Day back at ya Silver! We're headed to town, my girl is singing the National Anthem for the Veteran's Parade. Hope all of you have a great day, and may God bless our country!!

Sounds like an awesome tradition. Did you do something like that as a family a few years back or am I remembering that wrong?

Sounds like an awesome tradition. Did you do something like that as a family a few years back or am I remembering that wrong?

Yep, you're right. I might have posted it in here actually, last year or the year before. My wife and girl both get asked to do this pretty often, they've got the voices for it. My girl has sang at lots of local sporting events, at our Capitol building for the Governor, and for the Idaho Steelheads hockey team several times. But she told me that today was the only time she had been nervous to do it.

She was standing right in front of the veterans, and they had just raised a flag that was flown in Afghanistan and brought home by one of our local boys. My nephew was wounded in action there, losing his left leg below the knee, and I think it hit home pretty close for my girl. There was also a gentleman there that had fought in WWII with the (I think I have this right) 357th fighter squadron. He served on D-day and talked about the awesome sight of 11,000 aircraft in the air that day. It was a nice event and ceremony.

As hot and gross out as it has been lately Gypsy is still an absolute nut about our walks. Her heart outweighs her common sense and I have to pay attention or she'll motor along until she can't move. We've got a good walk, carry, repeat pattern down. She's getting old and fat, it's a good thing she's still the most adorable thing around.

Q4UxXHx.jpg

I'm no entomophile but I've always paid attention to bugs around here. Definitely never seen one of these before, ever. Any ideas? It was about 2" long overall I'd guess.

YJgwWN3.jpg

Dogs are great. I can't live without mine. retrievers, sheep dogs, guardian dogs, and just a little house dog. all have e big contribution to mental health. ;)

Beauty and the beast! Gypsy is awesome. Way to not be a lazy jerk like the majority of dog owners in my neighborhood who only let their dogs see the outside world to poop or pee. Sounds like a good system. I can't exactly implement a walk/carry program for Roxie with her 70 pounds of doggy goodness. As long as we get out to walk early enough that it's not blazing hot, she's good to go. It's a pretty good system on work days at least since I always walk with her before going to work.

Anyways, I want to say that thing is a dobson fly. About how long is it? Do you live near water?

Nice color combinations on those donuts, and for bonus points you included a 2.7!
It makes my breakfast look dull and lifeless. ;)

Somebody brought them to work a while back, I couldn't handle them - too much color without a single appealing flavor (to my palette), they tasted like mediocre donuts covered in crisco and maybe some artificial maple flavoring and nuts (neither of which I like on my donuts). I'll stick with Kwik Trip day-old donuts myself, or similarly humble extravagances (juxtaposition intended)

Also messy :p. Just my opinion

Chiral, there is a glazed old fashioned hiding in the upper left corner just for you.
Personally I like a plain raised cake donut or maybe a raspberry filled if I am feeling extravagant.

Back