The Survive! Never Say Die! Chat Thread

Dead in the path here, Weiser Idaho. I'm sure there's many better pics than mine.

pcFhtkE.jpg
You know, there are people and organizations really well equipped and in the perfect place to take great pictures, but I think taking your own is still totally worth it :thumbsup:
How dark did it get in your area when the coverage was most complete? Did any roosters get confused?

I was at work but got the chance to step outside and see it :thumbsup: Was a cloudy day for the most part, but the sun was still bright enough to give us a good glimpse, and my kids made a pin-hole projector that worked as well.
Jealous of the Idaho crowd, looks sweet.
Glad you and your family got to sneak a peek. I wasn't blown away by the majesty and awe of the universe, but it was still pretty cool.

Silver, nice looking fiddle and mandolin!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I must have been tired, I missed those. Silver, you play a bit brother?
Smart looking! My brother hosted a little party for a few families with young kids. The instruments belong to his wife. She played violin in college and I think the other instrument is just a 3/4 size guitar.

Smart looking! My brother hosted a little party for a few families with young kids. The instruments belong to his wife. She played violin in college and I think the other instrument is just a 3/4 size guitar.

That makes more sense, it did seem awfully large for a mandolin ;)

You know, there are people and organizations really well equipped and in the perfect place to take great pictures, but I think taking your own is still totally worth it :thumbsup:
How dark did it get in your area when the coverage was most complete? Did any roosters get confused?

My folks said their chickens were out and the rooster started gathering up all the hens back to the coup. I guess all but one hen went to roost lol. It was pretty dark at the height of it. Not pitch black but last-light-of-the-day kind of dim and you had to look close not to stumble over anything. You couldn't see anything at all through the eclipse glasses at that point and I snuck a very quick peek through the field glasses then. You could see what I think they call solar flares showing out past the moon but the rest of the sun was hidden.

My folks said their chickens were out and the rooster started gathering up all the hens back to the coup. I guess all but one hen went to roost lol. It was pretty dark at the height of it. Not pitch black but last-light-of-the-day kind of dim and you had to look close not to stumble over anything. You couldn't see anything at all through the eclipse glasses at that point and I snuck a very quick peek through the field glasses then. You could see what I think they call solar flares showing out past the moon but the rest of the sun was hidden.
That is really awesome! It didn't get any darker than a mildly cloudy day by me. Even at 83% or so coverage you probably could have missed the whole thing if it wasn't for all the folks out in their driveways with funny glasses on.

I had never heard of Millit before, but it looks like they're pretty good at knife stuff.

20170825_085532.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170824-184402.png
    Screenshot_20170824-184402.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Wow, that is one tarted up pocket knife! :D
As the old saying goes, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the SK 3.5.
It probably won't be quite as head turning as the one in Silver's post. ;)

Wow, that is one tarted up pocket knife! :D
As the old saying goes, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the SK 3.5.
It probably won't be quite as head turning as the one in Silver's post. ;)
That sure is something!

I'm guessing if they can produce a knife with details like that, a no frills SK would be a walk in the park.

I found this one. Probably a little closer to what an SK might look like, although I'm not sure where this is in the finishing process.

Screenshot_20170825-123038.jpg

Man, I'm taunting myself. That rough and rugged (un)finished look really does it for me. If the SK line ended up looking similar, I'd be a happy camper.

From these small samplings, QC seems to be spot on.

I'm so out of the loop on the storm. I've been away from service for days, and we don't get tv at home. That said, I hate those dang storms and hope everyone's loved ones are safe.

Back