The tale of three Bowies! Poppa Bowie, Momma Bowie and Bawanna Bowie.

And a Bura too! You are a fool. Course I'm a fool too and the gehazi's dad's words should be written in stone. Regretted everyone I ever parted with.

Hey Gehazi dont forget you have two Falcatas and one on order and ndog has ZERO:grumpy:
Never know Pugs. That beautiful Bura might find its way back home someday?
Gehazi. I too thought it was a Munk Chunk when I got it.

Last edited:
I am currently one falcata less ! a very worthy member will likely reveal soon its ownership, it stayed in the HI blade forums clan , so do not fear. I think a few more falcata will come around the time mine is made, as the kami tend to make a few ( hence the great DOTD)

Side two of momma got a couple passes last night. Probably won't get to play with it tonight but it's coming along.

bawanna you got worthy i think several decades ago, this person just asked me first :D

Well I'm feeling pretty gosh durn special right about now. Nice to be worthy. Now I need to work on speeding up my asking skills I reckon.

Anybody ask you for your Hasiya that at Pugs yet?

Ureka! Hey send me the inventory list, I have a few more questions for ya?

I shouldda just asked Pugs for it and saved you the hassle;)
Well I'm feeling pretty gosh durn special right about now. Nice to be worthy. Now I need to work on speeding up my asking skills I reckon.

Anybody ask you for your Hasiya that at Pugs yet?

I already asked Pugs for the record. Lost in the mail scam. His integrity wouldn't allow him to participate in my evil plan.

Yes this is addiction. Stealing from family to support your own greedy habit. BAD bawanna, bad, bad, bad...........

Yep I have to keep my integrity in perfect order, or no one would send me there stuff, and all of it is killer, and I know I have to send it back :(, but the honor thing is better than the thief thing, if that makes sense.

Keep the wife busy and put a motor on it. When she comes home tell her its the NASA experience. 8 g's and we know the kids a keeper.........I dont get why they never bring the grandkids around.

Gosh durn it Karda or mods, I meant to put this in the Cantina but with all the horn dust circulating in my brain I goofed.

Yall can move it if you want or leave it or what ever you want to do, your in charge, try not to fire anybody.

Long as we're playing show and tell, here's a cradle I built for my due any minute granddaughter. Wife called it something else, trundel?
If you get it swinging fast enough it'll go all the way over. Mom was not keen on that plan though?

Wife did some padding and a little mattress for it. Biggest thing I made in awhile. Maybe a puppy house next, naw she's an inside puppy and shares my dang pillow, don't need no doghouse. Oh sorry Ndog, didn't mean to drag you into this here conversation.

The one that is entirely in the shot on the bottom right, above the handles of 2 knives that go out of the shot; what knife is that? That's probably the most awesome looking Khukuri design I've seen. Do you know of any larger versions with such a design?

EDIT: After browsing a bit, I gather that it's called a "PEN" knife? I looked it up on HI's site, but it doesn't really look like yours.

HI PEN Knife:

yhst-7333098713883_2256_2213860

Last edited:
that is a pen knife--- member Philll has the best pen knife of all, a super sized one -- I have one , regular sized, and it is a great blade for sure. email auntie, see if she has one in stock, give her time to reply though.

Well I'm happy to report that all 3 Bowies are now checkered. Poppa and Momma are pretty much wrapped. The IBBB has two passes on both sides and one or two more should get r dun. All three with the similar diamond surrounded by skip line. That was a little tricky trying to get similar diamonds. Pins progressively get smaller, Momma was a bit off center and the skip makes it a challenge but alas the challenge (the skeery part) is over.

Just need to deepen/ refine and go over all three with a fine tooth comb so Sir Gehazi is please on arrival.

Dang it, forgot again I can't post a picture no more. Well I'll wait and take one when all three are done and email to Sir Gehazi and he can post it.

Gonna call it a wrap for today and try to hit some evenings this week.

nice work, man.

So having handled a couple of older HI bowies, I was surprised to stop in and see these had flat handle scales instead of the rounded handle scales.

Yeah, the bowies don't have the traditional kukri round belled handles. Makes em really nice to checker.

Thanks for the kind words.

I haven't had a chance to get back to the bench this week, probably have to help the wife cater a wedding Saturday, lebanese wedding, I don't cotton to that much, hoping I can help her make the food and not have to attend even though it's our neighbors daughter. Sunday is our anniversary but she has to work so hopefully some bench time then.

Back