The TRADITIONAL sunday picture show!!!!

Thank you, Joshua, Perry and Mark for the nice words about my Fight'n Rooster. Yes, Mr. Frank was somewhat like a precursor of GEC in that they both have taken a traditional pattern and put their own particular spin on it. Plus, the Solingen makers were quite good back in the 1970s through the '90s, so they are very well made. This one was a duplicate for me, but the stag was good enough that I just didn't care! Here's the other one.

xGtjVVy.jpg

:thumbsup:Goodness, Jeff! Great shot and great stag FR gunstocks too! One knobby and the other straight.

Boy, you said a mouth full there, Ratbert!! Being originally from Texas, I hadn’t heard of FR or Colonel Coon either. But was quickly impressed by some older collectors on another forum that somewhat educated me on the two companies. I went to Mule Days a couple of times but by then Mr. Harris was no longer at the helm of CC. Quality was very different. I have owned many FRs over the last two decades but now only have three. All of them are “End Of Day” handles. A Peanut, Stockman and a swell centered Congress pattern. All have never shown any sign of gassing either. And yes, I do keep them away from my other knives!

I would love to see a picture of that Congress!

Hope my blade brothers and sisters are having a nice relaxing Sunday evening. Just got back from a nice ride out in the woods and pulled out my 2 favs from the safe and thought I’d share :)
My Tuna Valley Gunstock Jack just puts me in a trance every time I look at it .
My 77 does also especially when it’s in my hand what great knife !!
Bravo Gec a job well done :thumbsup:
J2OfsLy.jpg

LIZKM3y.jpg

i4iUG1A.jpg

Hey Mark, yeah when I knew him, he had long white hair and wore dark sunglasses,,even inside! He knew pocket knives though. He and Jim Parker used to run around together trading and selling pocket knives. His shop was a bit strange too! Antiques but with more of a whimsical turn. Stuffed animals and deer mounts all over the walls and clutter to beat the band! While he was certainly a hoarder of sorts, in his later years, I can’t fault him. I see now how that can happen! Where his knives were concerned, he kept them safe in his office. He was quite a guy!

Thank you! Now I've got to find a little time to make some tea and sit down and read.
That Ancient of yours looks right at home in the Old Country. :D

Thank you Rachel, I'll be taking it ovr to Sheffield soon for some pics :) :thumbsup:

Back