The tree has to go

I like the stump idea Bud, but I don't know how to find out if anyone has something similar. I can't find anything but my googlefuu is not the best.

doesnt fantoni use a fir?.... I'd change your logo to a bald eagle cutting down the boker tree.... just sayin

In all seriousness though... go with a bear. Some kinda bear. Bears are awesome

This has been rolling in my head since Friday. Like many have said, this is poor taste on Bokers part, especially the way they treated Casey. I wish there was a way we could help fight this for you, I myself have always loved the tree logo and tried to create a logo as smooth and elegant as yours. I highly doubt that they have full rights to any tree on any blade.

I hate hearing that your weekend started off like that. I look forward to seeing what you come up with though... How about something like Dcaggie06's Avatar??? If you wanted to creep people out, it'd be perfect.

Ok, maybe not.

What a load of crap. I tend to agree that they would probably not have the ability to just take all tree logos, but I too understand the concept of not being able to take them on. Shame on them for sure. They suck anyway.

Trip

7a0d81f6-f4c8-46b2-9f78-afb69af6269a.jpg

I like this idea. Nice job

Thanks for all of the support guys I really appreciate it, but let's not turn this into a bash thread! I just wanted to let everyone know why my maker's mark is changing.

Unless you receive a cease and desist letter from their atty...march on!

Chris D.:D

I like the stump idea Bud, but I don't know how to find out if anyone has something similar. I can't find anything but my googlefuu is not the best.

The stump/roots idea is really good!

Here's a link to the US Patents and Trademarks Office site where you can do your search for similar logos. You'll want to follow the links on the right side of the page. It is complicated and might require some learning depending on your computer skills but you can get what you need here if you're patient. I believe there are other sites that will do this for you much more easily for about $150 if you prefer.

http://www.uspto.gov/main/profiles/acadres.htm

All the best!

2 possible logos

Which one do you guys prefer? Or should I come up with something totally different?

The tree stump makes it appear that you got cut down and bullied into compliance by Boker. Ignore them, continue using your traditional trademark. You should be able to clear it in the court should it come down to that since your mark is only a tree and does not look like a copy of Boker's mark. It would take me a lot more than a simple verbal confrontation to make me change anything to appease this kind of low life.

The tree stump makes it appear that you got cut down and bullied into compliance by Boker. Ignore them, continue using your traditional trademark. You should be able to clear it in the court should it come down to that since your mark is only a tree and does not look like a copy of Boker's mark. It would take me a lot more than a simple verbal confrontation to make me change anything to appease this kind of low life.

Man I know you are taking the path of least resistance and that is honorable and all and I also don't want to add fuel to any fire, BUT, in the spirit of what is right and standing up for the good guy, I LOVE your current logo and honestly think it is maybe one of the best out there and I think it is a damn shame to change it.

My opinion and not trying to make you feel bad or anything, but I am with Bufford "Ef em." That is my answer. They cannot get blood from a stone either and I assume you don't have millions of dollars they can take from you for infringement etc., so the worst thing is ultimately you have to change it...

I wanted a knife sticking out the top of the stump instead of just a stump. These are the first 2 proofs that I was sent.

Guys I hate to get rid of my current mark more than anyone trust me lol. Keeping it is simply not an option though.

Less machete looking knife, more Bowie looking profile .. IMO ..

Well guys I've decided not to use a logo for now. I feel like I am trying to rush into this without giving it enough thought. However I still have to have a maker's mark so I can finish my knives!
This will be my new mark for now.

If they are correct about your tree being infringement - then they could have told you to pack up before the show, I imagine. Maybe they think they were being nice to you, letting the ones you have made get sold?

Pretty crappy of them - like someone already said - you aren't even in the same market.

Eric

Back