The ULTIMATE in Green River knives ;-))))

Three early Green River blades mounted in an eary Lakota war club. Thought ya'll might enjoy.
Best regards

Robin

That's pretty cool Robin, any markings on the knives?

That's pretty cool Robin, any markings on the knives?

Hi Jack, yes, the blades are all marked J.R. Russell & Co./ Green River Works. It's being called 1880 as a war club but the blades are surely earlier.

Best regards

Robin

Thanks for the info Robin, much appreciated my friend :thumbup:

Interesting Robin, thanks for sharing. Sure wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that!:eek:

Very nice. Interesting that the skinner blade shape is unchanged. Any close ups of markings?

Very nice. Interesting that the skinner blade shape is unchanged. Any close ups of markings?

Hi Dave, I have seen war clubs with old knife blades before but they were always pointy, this is very unusual in style, a stylization of the gunstock war club. I'm trying to stay within the forum rules on auction spotting, but yes the marks are barely visible and without the Russell diamond. Here are a couple of gunstock clubs I made, the walnut one is the early woodlands style, the one with the spontoon blade is more Lakota style and much later than the bigger woodlands clubs.

Best regards

Robin

Impressive work Robin, you're a very talented chap :) :thumbup:

Wow, cool stuff! I've always been fascinated by those Native American war clubs, how they were modeled after the shape of the rifles/muskets that were brought to the continent by European settlers. They saw a shape that seemed to work well for their desired purpose, and made it their own.
Robin, really excellent work on the clubs you made! :thumbup:
And thank you for posting that one with the Green River blades, just wild!
Great thread! :D :thumbup: :cool:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impressive my friend. Shades of "The Last of the Mohicans"

I wonder about the story behind the acquisition of the blades... Although,that one looks like a showpiece ,rather than an EDC. Gasp!!

Last edited:
Back