1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

The Unexpected Mammouth

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Mayonardo, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Mayonardo

Mayonardo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2010
    I had been dealing with Jeffrey Distin @jsdistin over a blade delete and recover for one of my knives. Chemo-induced neuropathy is beginning to numb my fingertips making opening and manipulating some knives more difficult. Instead, he reworked this #15 making it easier to open, roughed up the mammoth ivory scales and just sent it to me as a gift.

I was knocked over by this attention to my issues and generosity. He is a thoughtful and generous member of the porch.
    Thanks again, Jeff.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  2. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    That's awesome!!! Congrats and great looking knife. The generosity on the porch is something special that's for sure.

3. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Simulated nimble by @jsdistin :thumbsup: :) Nicely done Jeff. Take care @Mayonardo I've got some on and off aching digits knife issues too, so I can relate - A LITTLE. Mine is just age, no chemical destruction involved. Be well and keep using that great knife!

Cutfinger, chuck4570 and Mayonardo like this.
  4. Mayonardo

Mayonardo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2010
    I’m in my fight cancer mode. Had an infusion yesterday and since the steroids have not yet worn off I feeling good and “knifey” (that’s probably not a word… but knife nuts will understand).
    Jeff was so thoughtful to mod the blade and handle. I’m very grateful.

5. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Nicely done, Jeff. :cool::thumbsup:

Sharp & Fiery, RayseM and chuck4570 like this.
  6. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Nice gesture @jsdistin! You are one good guy in my book!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sharp & Fiery, RayseM and chuck4570 like this.
  7. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    That is a stunning knife you have there, and the fact that it was generously reworked makes it even better! Godspeed on your recovery:thumbsup:

chuck4570 and RayseM like this.
  8. Stan Rose

Stan Rose

Apr 8, 2011
    Beautiful knife. Beautiful kindness. Good luck and all the best.

chuck4570 likes this.
  9. Matt_WY

Matt_WY Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2018
    chuck4570 likes this.
  10. Rookie82

Rookie82 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2014
    Always great stories and things happening on the Porch.

chuck4570 likes this.
  11. chuck4570

chuck4570 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2010
    @Mayonardo Very nice knife and Prayers for your recovery, @jsdistin kudos on your kind heart.

12. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Another fantastic story.:):):) Great patina, this is obviously one of your users @Mayonardo :thumbsup:. And what is it with your Avatar, it's like the weather.:confused:o_O:D:D:D:D

13. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Way to go Jeff, awesome Karma:thumbsup: enjoy immensely Mayonardo:)

14. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    :thumbsup::thumbsup: Very nice gesture on @jsdistin and here’s to your recovery...I hope you kick the daylights out of it!!!

15. Eli Chaps

Eli Chaps Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Apr 20, 2018
  16. jsdistin

jsdistin KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 27, 2016
    Thanks @Mayonardo, and thanks everyone for the kind words. That was one of my earlier mods and was actually modded 3-4 different times with different covers and blade combos it was then waiting in my safe for a year or so until it found a good home, I’m glad it did.

17. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Heartwarming thing to do, very cool...
    Prayers for your recovery, Mayo...

18. Rockon75

Rockon75 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Good man! @jsdistin
    In my thoughts @Mayonardo

19. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member