The Unexpected Mammouth

I had been dealing with Jeffrey Distin J jsdistin over a blade delete and recover for one of my knives. Chemo-induced neuropathy is beginning to numb my fingertips making opening and manipulating some knives more difficult. Instead, he reworked this #15 making it easier to open, roughed up the mammoth ivory scales and just sent it to me as a gift.

I was knocked over by this attention to my issues and generosity. He is a thoughtful and generous member of the porch.
Thanks again, Jeff.

9efcf926-d2c0-4b72-b775-ad20bfe5cea1-316-000000050d9d19f5_file.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Simulated nimble by J jsdistin :thumbsup: :) Nicely done Jeff. Take care Mayonardo Mayonardo I've got some on and off aching digits knife issues too, so I can relate - A LITTLE. Mine is just age, no chemical destruction involved. Be well and keep using that great knife!
I’m in my fight cancer mode. Had an infusion yesterday and since the steroids have not yet worn off I feeling good and “knifey” (that’s probably not a word… but knife nuts will understand).
Jeff was so thoughtful to mod the blade and handle. I’m very grateful.

That is a stunning knife you have there, and the fact that it was generously reworked makes it even better! Godspeed on your recovery:thumbsup:

Another fantastic story.:):):) Great patina, this is obviously one of your users Mayonardo Mayonardo :thumbsup:. And what is it with your Avatar, it's like the weather.:confused:o_O:D:D:D:D

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Very nice gesture on J jsdistin and here’s to your recovery...I hope you kick the daylights out of it!!!

Heartwarming thing to do, very cool...
Prayers for your recovery, Mayo...

Back