THE UNITED COLORS OF BECKER.... The first batch of Birch lam BK grips is done!!!!

Since the Coyote Tan tweener grips are more of a Peanut Butter brown color, if they had Purple liner slid under them, Would they be considered "Peanut Butter and Jelly grips" ? LOL...:D

Now THAT would be rad!! Strip it first, then have clich etch 'PEANUT BUTTER 'JELLY TIME' onto the blade, maybe half on one side rest on the other, with the PBJ grips and liners!! I'd rock it. It would be perfect for cutting my PBJ sandwiches in half, trim the crusts when I feel fancy.

Well, Checkering is expensive any way you do it.

If you set up for lazer type work, the up front cost is crazy-5K+

If it''s hand work, you are looking at a minimum about $40 per side..(ouch!)

Now THAT would be rad!! Strip it first, then have clich etch 'PEANUT BUTTER 'JELLY TIME' onto the blade, maybe half on one side rest on the other, with the PBJ grips and liners!! I'd rock it. It would be perfect for cutting my PBJ sandwiches in half, trim the crusts when I feel fancy.

It would have to be Purple Kydex.. Because it's rally WEIRD.. I never see Purple G-10 anywhere for slabs and liners..

I am a February baby- my birthstone is Amethyst and I have always liked Purple . It's kind of weird that they make Pink and Lime Green G-10 but not Purple.

The only problem with texturing is under hard use it is going to tear up bare hands! Gorgeous grips!

Well, Checkering is expensive any way you do it.

If you set up for lazer type work, the up front cost is crazy-5K+

If it''s hand work, you are looking at a minimum about $40 per side..(ouch!)

thats why the tongue in cheek, ''higher price point'' comment was made LOL

No matter the cost...there is always a customer! if u dont believe me, visit a gun forum and count how many ARs u see with a couple grand worth of accessories on 'em! LOL

as for hard on hands, I was thinking more Hunting knife then Woods knife. I like as much grip as I can get on Any blade I'm gonna be elbow-deep in an animal with! IMO the 16 and even 15 just beg to be used as Game knives.

thats why the tongue in cheek, ''higher price point'' comment was made LOL

No matter the cost...there is always a customer! if u dont believe me, visit a gun forum and count how many ARs u see with a couple grand worth of accessories on 'em! LOL

as for hard on hands, I was thinking more Hunting knife then Woods knife. I like as much grip as I can get on Any blade I'm gonna be elbow-deep in an animal with! IMO the 16 and even 15 just beg to be used as Game knives.

I agree about the fact there is a market for just about anything....

I have a lady in MN I use for stock checkering. I will have to ask her what she would charge for a small checking pattern on something like this-

002-75.jpg

every time u post a pic, it makes me wanna throw money at you! LOL now I need 14 scales!

T,

Those were the first set I sold on Fleabay..They are a set of British style grips I made for my own knife before I decided on glued on scales with solid black Micarta pins..

The last name of gent in CA who bought them is BUSSE.

I kid you not.:D

Something very Karmic in all that..

That is some awesome work in there Jim. I especially like the black and red ones.

I love the grey laminate. It's a perfect match to my Ruger M77 .308's stock.

Very nice work indeed.

PM SENT!!! Why do I not have the handles on my knife yet??? You would think with today's technology, I would already have them...argh..

Thanks for the comments guys.
Back on the "puter for lunch.. Sending out some relies to the PMs I have received about these..

I just broke my computer screen by throwing my wallet and any cash or change I had in my pockets at it. I've been trying to figure out what kind of grips I would rock on my Machax when she finally gets here, and you sir just made up my mind, though I can't decide on what colors look coolest. Great work, can't wait to pick up a set some time.

I just broke my computer screen by throwing my wallet and any cash or change I had in my pockets at it. I've been trying to figure out what kind of grips I would rock on my Machax when she finally gets here, and you sir just made up my mind, though I can't decide on what colors look coolest. Great work, can't wait to pick up a set some time.

OK, I can help with the color for the Machax..

I just got my Machax as well.

Go with the Dark Knight- Purple and black.

It then becomes "the Bat Kukri"..:D

Seriously, it would look really cool. The Soutwest Camo with the Brown, Orange and Green is really neat as well.

Back