THE UNITED COLORS OF BECKER.... The first batch of Birch lam BK grips is done!!!!

may have to change my order Jim

007-55-2-1.jpg

Think Shady Camo goes much better with the sheath then my first choice of Shadow Grey. And that is my second fave color choice so it all works out.
007-55-1-1.jpg

Yes I know it's a horrendous edit job...fastest easiest method to look at color combos LOL

dealbk16scout-1.jpg

dealbk16scout-2.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, That it is a crappy photo edit job(LOL) but it's better than anything I could have done ! You get an "A" for effort..;)

Think thats a good choice thrillbilly ! Im also eyeing that sheath lol

scout2.jpg

LOL! thats much better. I knew if I botched it up bad enuff someone would come along and fix it! Thanks EV

Looks pretty good together, but also hard to tell true colors in pictures.

Lol, no problem at all thrillbilly...you didn't do that bad. For some reason I think the ember glow may go a little better with that handsome sheath..but jezabel, (my bk2) also likes the charcoal grey.

Usually if you can't match it pretty close it is best to find something that contrasts instead. The blaze one looks pretty sweet, you do know that is a tweener sheath though right?

Usually if you can't match it pretty close it is best to find something that contrasts instead. The blaze one looks pretty sweet, you do know that is a tweener sheath though right?

yeah...Im waiting on Mr. Jim to get the tweener grips ready. So I went with the grip pic I had, just to check colors

WOW. I just found this thread. I bought the woodland camo set from you a few days ago on fleabay. I'm happy knowing that they are from someone on the forum. I was browsing through the usual searches, "Becker, Ka Bar, custom, etc." and as soon as i saw these i immediately bought them without thinking twice about it. i am looking forward to these scales.. ty ty

Last edited:
Brad,

I'm getting everything out as fast as I can.:)

Just working hard to make sure they'll be worth the wait.;)

So, far, this week has been a LOT more productive than last week.:thumbup:

Brad,

I'm getting everything out as fast as I can.:)

Just working hard to make sure they'll be worth the wait.;)

So, far, this week has been a LOT more productive than last week.:thumbup:

not rushing or anything Jim, but do you have a time frame?

G,

That is a BK -14 with a set of English walnut scales I made. Actually, they were the first set of removable scales I ever made for a Becker. They were done in the British style, dyed with Alkinet root an then finished with pure tung oil. I will be making a run of fancy wood sets like that in a few weeks(hopefully around May1 st). I have some walnut that would put that English to shame- very highly figured stuff.

I've got to get caught upon the large Becker grips and then do the first run of Tweener handles before I get to those.;)

By all means, start the ball rolling by buying a Bk14 Eskabar if you don't already own one. Great knives!

Those look stunning! I really love the colors of the one in the top left corner! It reminds me a lot of fall! I almost need to get 4 of those now... summer, winter, fall and spring! Keep up the great work! If you ever make an for a BK14 I will jump all over those!

Did the scales make it to the post office yet? my blade needs some meat on its skeleton...

Back