THE UNITED COLORS OF BECKER.... The first batch of Birch lam BK grips is done!!!!

Sky et all..

They are as good as I close as I can make them to the factory Grivory scale fit and finish . Mine are sanded/finished by hand. I have bought grips from just about every custom Becker grip vendor on Ebay. Mine will be up there with any you can buy in terms of fit and finish..

I have to to get back in the shop, and I'll post an update pic with some goodies this evening..

Guys..Cheking my messages here during a very late lunch break.
All the back ordered scales are done and either now have been shipped or are ready to go out.
Anyone posting here who has not gotten theirs yet ornot been notified of shipment, please PM me with your address. Matching screen names with the PP payments /address has been like herding cats the last few days. Some folks don't have addresses on file with PP either..:)

sent you a pm....I may be interested in another set if you have any that are premade and not spoken for that you can send out with my package....let me know...thanks.

I agree about the fact there is a market for just about anything....

I have a lady in MN I use for stock checkering. I will have to ask her what she would charge for a small checking pattern on something like this-

002-75.jpg

I want a set of these. The lanyard hole is perfectly placed and those handles are great. Is there tubing in each side of the handle or was that put in after the handle assembly? Just let me know if these are available and I will purchase the 14.

Livit..

Those scales have the glued in psotioning insets ala the favtlry made ESEE sclales.. They tkae a lot of time to make that way and the patterns for the new ones with the intregally milled inserts(like the Kabar factory sclaes are ready to go. As soon as I get caught up on the Large BK grip deliveries they will be made.. I want a set for my own BK 14..:D

As far as the lanyard hole goes, the Black liner is epoxied .375" carbon fiber tubing. Each scale as it's own liner and the scales are detachable just like any of the factory scales sets. A lot of work to make but they are handsome . To me that is the a major point of custom scales anyhow..

The best part of that scales design is something you cannot really see in the pic.. They are .300" thick on eah side. which gives you about .75" thickness of the handle. While that is a bit thicker than the factory Zytel scales, it is not so bulky that it still is not trim even for neck carry and it makes the grip much more controlable and comftrable. When you hook your index finger around the front of the scales that rounded edge feels REALLY good and secure. Almost as secureas a finger choil.

Thanks for all the info Jim. Like I said I am down for a set whenever you have time. I have been wanting an excuse to add another Becker to the line up. :)

Jim, whats the word on these? By far not trying to be a douche, but i would like to know something

Last edited:
businesspeople are not required to stay in hourly or daily touch with you. looks like his last post here was from the 5th, saying stuff mailed out. last actual forum post 2 days ago, last activity was today - 3 or so hours ago. some people don't log in daily or hourly.

imho, it's reasonable to give a few business days for responses, and if you stuff was mailed, up to a week or two.

that said, if nothing is resolved, i will cheerily forward the matter to supers/spark as a concern. worst case, things can be shut down.

don't forget your responsibilities everyones. including the good and bad forum. reviews are damning. both ways :)

businesspeople are not required to stay in hourly or daily touch with you. looks like his last post here was from the 5th, saying stuff mailed out. last actual forum post 2 days ago, last activity was today - 3 or so hours ago. some people don't log in daily or hourly.

imho, it's reasonable to give a few business days for responses, and if you stuff was mailed, up to a week or two.

that said, if nothing is resolved, i will cheerily forward the matter to supers/spark as a concern. worst case, things can be shut down.

don't forget your responsibilities everyones. including the good and bad forum. reviews are damning. both ways :)

gotcha man....thanks for the response...

I actually had a surprise in my mailbox today... Got the scales...the fit and finish are damn near perfect, nothing likenthat other review that was given....i can believe that it was a mistake in shipping on jims part....mine are almost stock fitted. I was a little taken back on the color patterns, the two sides didnt match, but jim mentioned in an email to me that its hard to match them with three colors...besides that im extremely happy with them...slapped them on my 7 to try them out, will probably put them on my 2. Heres a quick and dirty photo of the fit and finish...ill post a better review later...

Heres a picture of the patterns, not a big deal, i guess i was just expecting different...like i told jim, you only see one side at a time anyways..

I would probably buy a set again, if they were premade....i would go with a two color pattern myself next time though...

Thanks jim, they are good....

Back