The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2020 forum knife possibility discussion thread

So um yeah, Buck 503, get a hold of SK Blades...

:D

I mean, have ya seen the Silver Fox and Goodfella???! :)
if it’s a 5xx I want the 532 but really let’s do another 300 series the elusive 310 whittler model in some CPM-S45VN. Replace the clip main with a Wharncliffe I think the other blades will be fine in the same shape. I’m open to handle options but I don’t really care about stag or elk maybe some of their nice ebony.

or you know @skblades could just make that one and I would be on it

Last year was a Sabre ground, so I assume IF you go with Northwoods it will be one again :rolleyes:
The whole point about Northwoods, if it is actually a point;) is limited release numbers, exotic/bizarre scales and all sold out in a nano second:D Not really the Forum Knife ethos.

Plus, they're made by GEC anyway and this would need special rescheduling of their production. So I think it's rather unlikely as a viable project. But full steam ahead if you can get it done, there was plenty of full steam ahead on the Titanic too;)

OK my choice of Northwoods? 25 Barlow, SPEAR, Smooth Ivory Bone-why not add saw cut to it as well- never seen Sawcut natural or Ivory Bone before could be killer!
I was thinking about a 25 also. It’s a small knife that seems a lot bigger than it is. GEC hasn’t done a run of them for a while so maybe they’re due.

I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again, I think a 3 3/4 inch farm and field stockman in yellow delrin would make a cool knife. I’m a fan of the cap lifter, so I would swap the spey for that.

Does anyone think Boker could do something for us? Maybe a scout? Are there any dealers on here that work with them?

The northwoods suggestion is kind of strange as they’re just GECs with more unique handles with a different brand name stamped on them. The 2019 knife was a saber grind which already has a northwoods feel to it. I’m sure any knife produced by GEC could have a similar feel.

Despite my need for a whaler, I think a pruner would be awesome. Not something you really see everyday. And if it’s going to be a custom, im much more in favor of more “exotic” handles. I just think Acrylic, delrin, and micarta are just too common.

If we can't do a lambsfoot, then I'm with @r8shell with the punch nut. Rams horn scales would be superb on such a knife. I'll also reiterate the possibility of an mc cognet knife, that should keep the price point down too I'd imagine.

Ram's Horn. Now decide the pattern :D

I am afraid the dark spectre of a dermastid beetle horde descending on the knife covers is almost too much to surmount with this crowd. I can still recall the recent past, when the whisper of dermastid beetle attacks were enough to shut down a thread and send normally jolly rams horn enthusiasts to check for beetle damage in their collection and nearly shutdown the inter webs with search requests about dermastid beetles and the evil of their existence. I’m not saying that is what will happen again, I just don’t know if I can deal with having to confront this fear again.

rBJ4hx4.gif

Just give em a wipe down with some crawling insect killer...
Now! On to more important matters...not wanting to complicate things or confuse anyone...but gnarly black Ramshorn or Golden translucent and smooth ?..purple perhaps..

Imagine yourself being the owner ...Nay instigator...of the First ...Ever...Inaugural...Rams Horn handled Porch knife... aside from gallantry in the face of battle and successful shopping trips with the Mrs....Could There Be ANY Greater Honour...?

I am afraid the dark spectre of a dermastid beetle horde descending on the knife covers is almost too much to surmount with this crowd. I can still recall the recent past, when the whisper of dermastid beetle attacks were enough to shut down a thread and send normally jolly rams horn enthusiasts to check for beetle damage in their collection and nearly shutdown the inter webs with search requests about dermastid beetles and the evil of their existence. I’m not saying that is what will happen again, I just don’t know if I can deal with having to confront this fear again.

:D:D:D:eek:

Just shows once a word gets started on the internet there's no stopping it:rolleyes: "She said, I said, she said, we know;)"

Of course, everybody in the real know, knows that these beetles go after BOVINE HORNS not RAM'S:D But, ignorance is bliss:) Anyway, some people must be living in flop-house conditions to let beetles and suchlike dirt to take over their homes:D Hoarders from Hell.....:eek:

Yes, a Rat-Tail looks supreme, but think they work best with Smooth Bone or Woods.

You know, we have not had a Smooth Bone Forum Knife....Stag, Jigged, Wood, Delrin, Micarta

INTERIOR SMOOTH RAM'S HORN!:D:D

Or CAMEL :cool:

I’d like to see a #26 in Northfield trim with lined bolsters, spear blade, and long pull. It would look classy with a dark wood and bomb shield. But since we just did African Blackwood and the bomb shield, we could try Bloodwood and the Orleans shield.

Also, I love it when Charlie (@waynorth) does an add-on run to help fill out the run to 500. For example, the ebony 35’s that accompanied the 2016 Harness Jack were awesome.

Last edited:
I’d like to see a #26 in Northfield trim with lined bolsters, spear blade, and long pull. It would look classy with a dark wood and bomb shield. But since we just did African Blackwood and the bomb shield, we could try Bloodwood and the Orleans shield.

Also, I love it when Charlie (@waynorth) does an add-on run to help fill out the run to 500. For example, the ebony 35’s that accompanied the 2016 Harness Jack were awesome.
I would be comfortable with your suggestion but I would prefer either a wharncliffe or clip point blade. Some of you folks that are collectors appear to be suggesting odd ball stuff as far as I'm concerned. If that happens. Count me out. I don't need odd ball knives. I want practical with nice handles basically.

Back