The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2020 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Late to this thread, don’t know if I can go through all 620 post... but please Jesus be a 15 cap lifter of some sort !

tC9QJ80.jpg

Last edited:
Late. But I like the idea of Buck doing our forum knife again. Folder or fixed, doesn’t matter to me. Plus you get the warranty behind it. I think we all do a great job every year, and kudos to those who take on the project first hand.

I like the 303 idea and would be on board. It would look good next to the 301 we had done, no matter how we ended up making it look.

I like the 102 or 117 idea. They are both versatile and not too big, but not too small.

But I really want a 501 with a clip point blade on it... and I’ll never shut up about it until I get one... :D:p:):rolleyes::cool::thumbsup:

I would assume GEC is out of the running at this point for the 2020 knife. Last year at this time we were already polling on the various options and ironing out the details. And even with that much time, the knives just barely arrived for Christmas. Is Buck the only other option to consider?

The Ides of March approacheth.......
I was just thinking the same exact thing. The start of my interest in and involvement with traditional knives was participating in the whole Forum Knife shebang last year. The poll choices didn’t go with my votes on all but one or maybe two of the polls and I figured the knife was going to end up being a stinker. I still bought mine anyhow and the knife turned out to be a real beauty at a great price. I’m going to vote my butt off again this year, I expect the polls will again go almost totally in opposition to my choices and that I’ll once again end up with an unexpected beauty.
Anything from GEC gets my vote... especially if we can get KSF to support a Northwoods forum knife for 2020!
Great idea! I’ll definitely vote against it, because my doing so will cause it to become reality.

I was just thinking the same exact thing. The start of my interest in and involvement with traditional knives was participating in the whole Forum Knife shebang last year. The poll choices didn’t go with my votes on all but one or maybe two of the polls and I figured the knife was going to end up being a stinker. I still bought mine anyhow and the knife turned out to be a real beauty at a great price. I’m going to vote my butt off again this year, I expect the polls will again go almost totally in opposition to my choices and that I’ll once again end up with an unexpected beauty.

Great idea! I’ll definitely vote against it, because my doing so will cause it to become reality.

I won all my votes except 1 - the shield vote. We can make this easy and let me pick lol.. just kidding!! I'm ready for some polls!

In the past, has it just been gold members and above that get to vote? Or was voting open to anyone?

How do we get the actual process started? Do we just wait for a dealer to volunteer to ramrod it? Or do we arrive at an official consensus, through polls, and THEN get someone to ramrod it? We seem to be just floating aimlessly here.

hornetguy hornetguy ...Im afraid so .weve been adrift for many weeks now..low on water and provisions ... if help doesnt... arrive ...soon...we will ...have to... Oh God Forgive Me......eat someone....Naturally I'd be first to volunteer ...err but you see ermm Ive got a gammy leg.:D

Seriously though..you hit the nail right on the head...and just to let you all know...I already started the ball rolling by pestering Charlie @waynorth about it in the 74s thread.
Just a thought...we could calk this years knife The Cannibal....if it ever happens....

Back