The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2020 forum knife possibility discussion thread

There was a lot of chatter about (finally) getting a fixed blade. The Buck 212 is only run as a special (never been a catalog item) and can be made available with various handle materials or blade steels. I think Buck could knock them out and stay in our price range pretty easily (and they haven’t been shut down so they shouldn’t be way behind). OH
Buck-212-Ranger-2019.jpg

There was a lot of chatter about (finally) getting a fixed blade. The Buck 212 is only run as a special (never been a catalog item) and can be made available with various handle materials or blade steels. I think Buck could knock them out and stay in our price range pretty easily (and they haven’t been shut down so they shouldn’t be way behind). OH
Buck-212-Ranger-2019.jpg
I'm totally in on a Buck fixed blade!I love the profile on that one. Also like a 102, 105 or 119.

I think everyone is in........... the original purpose of this thread was to demonstrate continued interest in the forum knife concept in general, and to also discuss specific ideas for a 2020 forum knife. I believe we have succeeded in showing continued interest, and there are enough good ideas for specific knives for the next 10 years.

the forum owner or his representatives said a little bit early on, but nothing for a long time.

it would be good to hear from the forum owner or reps now that the world is starting up again.

I am not wearing any pants at the moment, so when I say “Progress or protest” it is not an idle threat!

I would be up for a Buck 501 Squire, Ebony scales and upgraded stainless.

A fixed blade would work too, like the recently introduced Buck 117 Small Special.

GEC did a great job this year, Buck the year before. Love them both. I would be okay with someone new as well.

I'm still hoping for a Buck 117 Small Special fixed blade or a 501 Squire locking folder. They could pop one of these out pretty easily for us.

0117BKSSH__91086.jpg
501_Squire__21549.jpg

Night Rider Night Rider lets say you are at a job and the client is a wealthy man....say for instance a brewing magnate.....he offers you a cold beer at the end of your days work....you must accept in order to curry his favour perhaps leading to more work....but he has no bottle opener! You deploy your trusty non workdelrin 14 ....it then becomes a work tool and Hey Presto... you are absolved and forgiven for your blaspheming.

Back