The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2020 forum knife possibility discussion thread

If anyone is unaware, then FYI: BUCKs made in the USA have the Stars and Stripes prominently displayed on the outside of the packaging. The knives made in communist china do not.

You can discuss country of manufacture all you want, but please refrain from commenting on any governments in said countries, that makes it political and political discussion is supposed to be in a different subforum.

Never been much of a fisherman myself but its something to do with bait...so Im told...an hour either side of the sun...the tide.....etc.
I'll start chumming ...see if anything nibbles...page five is right up the estuary in the brackish water...must be a big one here somewhere..
I Dont Care Where it gets made!
If The American knife manufacturers can't do it Hell lets GO elsewhere!
I'm going to etch Bladeforums 2020 on a Rough Rider and call it done!
Its all too difficult because of covid19 !
Did the forum owner miss the boat or is he ignoring us?
Ooohh look ...is that a fin?
KPHUMMP! hey what was that? did we hit something?

20200626-102757.jpg

Even Mr Flippy is infected with "the panic"..:D
I must have missed the plan...my apologies.

3 7/8 inch cigar shaped automatic with pinned bail and no nail nick shadow pattern spear. Knee jerk manufacture gec but I will say lionsteel. Jigging so pronounced and sharp many complaints until the 1000 grit sandpaper on a flat surface soothes the masses. I’m fixn to call Italy stby

Last edited:
We can officially exclude GEC from consideration. They have announced, at least to dealers, that they are no longer producing SFO's, non-owned branded knives, club knives, etc. A simplification of operation to only general production GEC branded knives. There is a Smith Mudbug that was already in the pipeline that will be the last commitment.

We can officially exclude GEC from consideration. They have announced, at least to dealers, that they are no longer producing SFO's, non-owned branded knives, club knives, etc. A simplification of operation to only general production GEC branded knives. There is a Smith Mudbug that was already in the pipeline that will be the last commitment.

:eek::(

Wow...that's uhhhh....wow.

I suppose that if they are selling out of everything they can produce, and the SFOs slow down production, it's a valid business decision. It may or may not work out in the long term. If not, I guess they can reverse and start doing them again...

I suppose that if they are selling out of everything they can produce, and the SFOs slow down production, it's a valid business decision. It may or may not work out in the long term. If not, I guess they can reverse and start doing them again...

Well said.

I know nothing about GECs internal operations, but I can imagine that some of the runs with a large number of SFOs (the 14s from 2018, for example) must have made life...complicated.

With that said, I hope they can find a way to produce a few SFOs now and then for our dealer friends.

Back